Gas Prices ..

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Woods Bros. has a pharmacy. We get gas points for the prescriptions too. Have had as much as 56 cents off per gallon. Plus a lot of the groceries are discounted and cheaper than Walmart.

Are they the same as Kroger's here? We get points for buying groceries and gift cards. We got $2 to use next month.
Points accumulate every 3 months and I'll get a bit over $11 when my rebate thingy is activated in a few weeks. Neat having an $11 credit and their prices are lower to begin with. The three month period ended today and the new period starts tomorrow.
Yup. Fred Meyers is owned by Kroger's. My favorite grocery store. It's pretty much the only place I get groceries. They actually give you coupons for the same items you buy. Safeway on the other hand, gives me coupons for stuff I'd never buy. They never give coupons for stuff I normally buy. I don't shop at Safeway much. I used to shop there until I discovered Freddies price difference.
Freddies/Kroger is cheaper by far has more sales and the coupon thing is great. Fuel points add up too and unlike Safeway, they don't expire at the end of the month.
On top of that the Kroger food brands are just as good tasting as the name brands and are cheaper.

I wonder if I showed them my comments here I could get some bonus fuel points for saying nice stuff about them. :D

Last edited:
They were expected to go up for the 4th. Another scam.
Just like housing prices.......... supply and demand. If they have to make many of thousands of more truck runs for a few days during a holiday week and ramp up production for the short term need, they aren't gonna do it for free.

Last edited:
Their cars are a lot more fuel efficient then the same car here ..

They are now putting a 5 cent tax on paper, or plastic grocery bags in NJ.. They never stop..

Mine too, but then I seem to get a bunch of repairs in a town 25 miles south of here.
Got two repairs to do down there right now and a large living room and bedroom 15 miles north of here.
For now, I still have a couple of cabinets to install and finish up some carpet transitions on my Coretec job. The cabinet bases need to be trimmed (cut down) to fit the floor and also to make the old counter top fit to the wall at the exact same height as the old ones. The people I'm working for wanted me to install the base cabinets. Work is work and they are really neat people to be working for.

Mine too, but then I seem to get a bunch of repairs in a town 25 miles south of here.
Got two repairs to do down there right now and a large living room and bedroom 15 miles north of here.
For now, I still have a couple of cabinets to install and finish up some carpet transitions on my Coretec job. The cabinet bases need to be trimmed (cut down) to fit the floor and also to make the old counter top fit to the wall at the exact same height as the old ones. The people I'm working for wanted me to install the base cabinets. Work is work and they are really neat people to be working for.
Is there anything you can't do?

.......get any answers (questions) correct on Jeopardy :D ...or guess words on Wheel of Fortune. I've had CRS syndrome since early childhood. ..it doesn't improve with age. :confused:
The cabinets on this job are replacing standard size cabinets with standard size cabinets......... same configuration. The hard part is that they left the back splashes on the wall.
I leveled the kitchen floor before installing the new flooring, so the new cabinet sections need to be leveled or made parallel to the existing back splash. The next step it cut down the cabinet bases by scribing the bottoms parallel to the floor so when screwed to the wall, the old counter tops will slide back in place, fitting neatly under the bottom of the back splashes. There's only two counter tops, but they consist of 6 cabinet sections that need to be screwed together.
I still have the sink cabinet to level which needs a filler strip added to it and one 15" end cabinet left to go. The dishwasher fits between those. If all ends up right, the cabinet top should have a 1 inch overhang on the end cabinet.

There is a Kroger right around the corner Hi.. There are so many stores in a couple mile area it is hard to know where they all are ..

Points accumulate every 3 months and I'll get a bit over $11 when my rebate thingy is activated in a few weeks. Neat having an $11 credit and their prices are lower to begin with. The three month period ended today and the new period starts tomorrow.
Yup. Fred Meyers is owned by Kroger's. My favorite grocery store. It's pretty much the only place I get groceries. They actually give you coupons for the same items you buy. Safeway on the other hand, gives me coupons for stuff I'd never buy. They never give coupons for stuff I normally buy. I don't shop at Safeway much. I used to shop there until I discovered Freddies price difference.
Freddies/Kroger is cheaper by far has more sales and the coupon thing is great. Fuel points add up too and unlike Safeway, they don't expire at the end of the month.
On top of that the Kroger food brands are just as good tasting as the name brands and are cheaper.

I wonder if I showed them my comments here I could get some bonus fuel points for saying nice stuff about them. :D

Freddie Kroger sounds like a serial killer to me

Freddie Kroger sounds like a serial killer to me
Or a Cereal Killer. :p
I haven't been in Kroger in a few years. There isn't one locally and they don't have a gas station. It's about an hour away. I'm trying to remember if it is the one closer to the chinese restaurant or if it's Albertson's that is closer.
I generally get the gas at Walmart and Sam's Club. I don't know if Sam's is any cheaper, but it is in a convenient spot. There used to be a car wash about a block away but the guy who ran it was a jerk and it closed down.

About $7.69 a gallon, if my math is close.

I googled one of your gallons is about 3.7854 litres of our litres
Then multiply that and I get about US$5.90
How far is your typical drive to a work site, Jon?
I occasionally drive 25 miles each way but more often often it's 5 to 10.

Just spent 4 days doing about 120ks round trip which is actually better than going over the harbour bridge to work on the Auckland side I get travel for that trip up north whereas going over the harbour bridge we get to the stage of gallons per k as the motorway becomes a parking lot
Today I drove about 20ks to the shop to just about do a job which I can see from our house
I think 3.7584 of our litres is one of your gallons

Latest posts

Back