Gas prices

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like your streets are paved in gold and have no potholes.

Auckland probably has 1 million people so you imagine how much they are getting with all these 15 cents a litre
Yes the streets should be paved with gold instead of all the roads and motorways becoming parking lots. The 15 cents extra was meant to fix all this? :mad:

Or I could just move to NZ like we all talked about and become @Jon 's helper. I can't get on my knees anymore (replacement) but I could probably use a stand up trowel. I'd have to get a real long handle or a real long welding tip and I could probably help him flash cove some of those crazy showers he does from time to time.

Would love you to come and join me CFP
I reckon it could be interesting one old fella who cant get down on his knees and an even older fella crawling around the floor
The only trouble is that NZ isnt letting anybody in at the moment unless you have heaps and heaps of money, play a sport, being part of the Lion King show etc etc which upsets a lot of Kiwis trying to move back to NZ. Its funny a lot of these people who are living overseas for years paying no taxes in NZ now expect that they can just return, send their children to school, use the hospitals etc etc cause NZ is free of Covid and its their right
Talking to a sales guy yesterday who has been trying to get over to Aussie for work as the government opened up free travel between Aussie and NZ, no 14 day quarantine when he got back, The day before he was meant to leave Melbourne had a three week lock down so he was trapped. $3000.00 extra for the hotel and rental car. He not a happy fella
I dont think I will be going far these days

Just a question @Jon....

If I moved there with my considerable girth (or as Sears used to put it when I was a kid - "Huskiness") would I be considered a turkey rather than an adopted Kiwi? 😊

I told you before, I do have SOME special talents:

• Whenever a glue bucket is opened within 10 feet (3 meters roughly for @Mark Brown ) I WILL get glue on me somewhere. I don't even have to get any closer. It just happens like magic.
  • Whenever I have to wear a hard hat and install a floor, it will fall off my fat round head at least 150 times per day.
  • Whenever I think my welder or welding tip is sufficiently cool I will touch it and burn myself. Every time.
  • I will cut myself and use roughly 10 tubes of Super Glue to stem the flow of blood while finishing the job.
  • Whenever I adjust my pin in my scriber it will fall out and I will spend the next 20 minutes trying to figure out where it went.
  • When I can't find said pin, I will remember that I have a lifetime supply of them because they only sell them in packages of 50 in my tool box.
  • I will spend an hour looking for them in said tool box, find them, adjust the scriber to almost just right and then make one last "tweak" and the pin will fall out again.
  • Whenever I put my knife anywhere but in my pouch I will immediately be unable to find it for at least 5 minutes.
  • Whenever I put my knife IN my pouch I will continue to look for it every where but in my pouch.
  • My glasses will steam up and I will be unable to see what I'm doing if it's too hot.
  • My glasses will steam up and I will be unable to see what I'm doing if it's too cold.
  • When I finish installing something I will immediately notice a small problem that should take 5 minutes to fix and spend at least an hour fixing it.
  • I will consistently bring 5 tool boxes worth of tools with me and unload them only to use 4 tools out of 1 box.
  • Whenever I mix floor patch I will get it somewhere that defies logic or explanation. e.g. the ceiling....on a window....one time my eyebrow, etc.
  • Whenever I inspect a piece of removed glued down flooring I will either kneel or step on the removed piece or the hole within 5 minutes of removing said piece of flooring.
So....who do I talk to in immigration?

Stay safe my friend. I'm sure the NZ travel industry has sustained a huge downturn without you moving around. Especially the cruise ships. ;)

Just a question @Jon....

If I moved there with my considerable girth (or as Sears used to put it when I was a kid - "Huskiness") would I be considered a turkey rather than an adopted Kiwi? 😊

I told you before, I do have SOME special talents:

• Whenever a glue bucket is opened within 10 feet (3 meters roughly for @Mark Brown ) I WILL get glue on me somewhere. I don't even have to get any closer. It just happens like magic.
  • Whenever I have to wear a hard hat and install a floor, it will fall off my fat round head at least 150 times per day.
  • Whenever I think my welder or welding tip is sufficiently cool I will touch it and burn myself. Every time.
  • I will cut myself and use roughly 10 tubes of Super Glue to stem the flow of blood while finishing the job.
  • Whenever I adjust my pin in my scriber it will fall out and I will spend the next 20 minutes trying to figure out where it went.
  • When I can't find said pin, I will remember that I have a lifetime supply of them because they only sell them in packages of 50 in my tool box.
  • I will spend an hour looking for them in said tool box, find them, adjust the scriber to almost just right and then make one last "tweak" and the pin will fall out again.
  • Whenever I put my knife anywhere but in my pouch I will immediately be unable to find it for at least 5 minutes.
  • Whenever I put my knife IN my pouch I will continue to look for it every where but in my pouch.
  • My glasses will steam up and I will be unable to see what I'm doing if it's too hot.
  • My glasses will steam up and I will be unable to see what I'm doing if it's too cold.
  • When I finish installing something I will immediately notice a small problem that should take 5 minutes to fix and spend at least an hour fixing it.
  • I will consistently bring 5 tool boxes worth of tools with me and unload them only to use 4 tools out of 1 box.
  • Whenever I mix floor patch I will get it somewhere that defies logic or explanation. e.g. the ceiling....on a window....one time my eyebrow, etc.
  • Whenever I inspect a piece of removed glued down flooring I will either kneel or step on the removed piece or the hole within 5 minutes of removing said piece of flooring.
So....who do I talk to in immigration?

Stay safe my friend. I'm sure the NZ travel industry has sustained a huge downturn without you moving around. Especially the cruise ships. ;)

So you dont reckon the pair of us will make any money? :)
And CFP I was going to check this house out for you
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/prope...your-own-bathroom/WUYH6EUCA6VQCG3IUJNM3WPBFM/We dont have any trouble moving around NZ unless some Dic....d like those two Aussies a little while ago came from Sydney, free travel bubble, bring the virus with them to Wellington, NZs second largest city gets locked down for a few days. Australia is pretty well shut down again for people coming to NZ with Sydney having lots of community cases

Latest posts

Back