Generally, who is responsible for finishing quarter round?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwurpy

I have installers finishing up a flooring install. I get the feeling that they're not planning on finishing the quarter round (filling nail holes, painting, caulking gap between quarter round and base board). The salesman didn't specifically mention if they would do it or if I was responsible so before they finish and I have to have this conversation with them, I was wondering... in general, who finishes the quarter round?

Ok. Thanks for your quick reply. You'd think that might have been something those who do this for a living might have mentioned. As one who has never had flooring done before, who would think that they would install some of it unfinished and not bother to mention it.
Anyway, I appreciate your help!

My flooring contractor also didn't mention my baseboards or paint because those projects call for a finish carpenter and a painter. I asked if they would replace my baseboards and for a nominal charge, we agreed on a price. He still did not commit to painting them, so I chose to save a bunch of money and prepainted all the baseboards, and agreed to caulk and seal the nail holes, with a minor touch up afterwards. Obviously, the more you do, the less they charge.

I'm glad you asked here instead of assuming they were supposed to do it & arguing. This is why it's important to have the details in the contracts. If you want something done, it needs to be specified in the contract. If it's beyond their area of expertise or outside of their wheelhouse, it should be discussed prior to signing the contract so there is an understanding of what is expected.

Latest posts

Back