Getting lazy

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Took the Caravan out to walmart. They cleaned the headlight lenses like new for $30. I had bought some lens restore and it did not work.

I did my 93 S10 tail light lenses using 1000 wet dry paper then followed up with 1500 or 2000. They looked great. Had I used a restore kit afterwards they'd probably look even better today. They looked really nice for a couple of years even tho I used no coatings.

I've heard of that method for headlights when they get foggy. Except when you're done with the sanding, they spray the headlight with a clear lacquer. It's suppose to be the best fix. Never tried it.

I just did my daughter's truck headlights using Mother's chrome cleaner and a Mother's foam ball attachment for my cordless drill. Within one minute, they turned out as good as new.

My 2004 Dodge lenses were so cloudy they were maybe as bright as moonlight.
I used the 3M advanced kit, it comes with a bit for a drill that has velcro to attach different grit paper and a buffer. Came out perfect.

Latest posts

Back