Glitza advice sought, scope of work

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old House

I am having 4 apartments finished in Glitza. The floors are T&G 3.5 inch Douglas fir, not a hardwood. The floors have never had a finish on them. In some places they have paint on them. This place was built in 1915.
When I received my quote it says:
Sand and finish with Glitza clear sealer and two coats of Glitza finish
Block off room and cabinet with plastic
Sand with Sander - sandpaper 50 and 80. Finish with trio - sandpaper 100 and 120.

Sooo, my question is shouldn't this say exactly what Glitza products are being used?? Oilbase, waterbase, Bacca, Gold Seal etc.

Also, what would you guys recommend as far as Glitza products what to use on these floors and how many coats of each. I am not in your trade so if there are other items that should be on the scope of work please advise.
Sorry if I seem really picky but I think everyone needs to be on the same page before work is started

download.jpg
1, You only skip every other grade of sandpaper .. 80 grit is not going to take out the scratches a 50 grit leaves in the wood ..

View attachment 8292 1, You only skip every other grade of sandpaper .. 80 grit is not going to take out the scratches a 50 grit leaves in the wood ..
Since I don't know all the grades of sandpaper could you please tell me what grit you should start with so it won't create scratches? How exactly, with what grit do you recommend. I was hoping some others would chime in here.

All grits create scratches, That is why we screen them to remove the scratches ..
The Finish you get is most likely 20 % solids , So a 60 grit , then a 80 grit paper , then screen it with a 80 grit screen , then a 100 grit ..

Latest posts

Back