Glue assist

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borrego23

The floor I will be installing is 3/4” cherry with varied width (3-6”) and lengths from 2-12’. I will use glue assist along with 2” cleats.

What brand of glue is best?

Also, do you recommend putting down strips of glue perpendicular with a trowel, or just putting down a parallel bead under the planks?

I don't think it really matters, but I myself have always glued parallel to the wood I am laying. I don't have to tell you your bigger concern is to follow the recommended notching on the trowel. Having spent an entire day air chiseling a glued down sub floor, I don't think I will ever use glue on anything in the future.

I don't think it really matters, but I myself have always glued parallel to the wood I am laying. I don't have to tell you your bigger concern is to follow the recommended notching on the trowel. Having spent an entire day air chiseling a glued down sub floor, I don't think I will ever use glue on anything in the future.

I’ll be installing wide plank solid cherry. The widths will vary from 3-6”. Gluing and nailing the wider planks is supposed to ensure the floors don’t make much noise and are held down really well. Any products anyone can recommend ?

The manufacturer should tell you what the recommend. I installed alot of glue down Bruce hardwoods, and I always used their own brand glue. This way, if any issues, the company will back up their warranty.

The manufacturer should tell you what the recommend. I installed alot of glue down Bruce hardwoods, and I always used their own brand glue. This way, if any issues, the company will back up their warranty.

The wood is coming from a local mill. They don’t give too much info on installation.

Latest posts

Back