Glue down engineered on pad,,, but pad not glued down?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NobleWorks

Starting a job next week where floor store and builder want floor glued to thin pad but pad is floating? This is over concrete but not on grade, its a 6 story hotel. Anyone installed engineered wood this way? and thoughts?

We need to know the material name and product itself otherwise kind of hard to say. I know that's done with a ceramic tile look-alike but not with wood. Not that it's wrong, but I've never heard of it.
The manufacturer of the product would have a tech line that you could ask a question to them.
I assume the product isn't simply a 'glued-together' product, installed over a cushion.

We need to know the material name and product itself otherwise kind of hard to say. I know that's done with a ceramic tile look-alike but not with wood. Not that it's wrong, but I've never heard of it.
The manufacturer of the product would have a tech line that you could ask a question to them.
I assume the product isn't simply a 'glued-together' product, installed over a cushion.
Its just a typical 1/2 thick 7inch wide engineered wood, just seems crazy to full spread glue it to pad that's not bonded

It does, but if the product is designed to be done that way, as long as they use the recommended pad and adhesive, there shouldn't be a problem.
Besides, I'd assume an architect is involved in the process somehow. If it was fully glued to the floor, removal or replacement would be a nightmare.

Latest posts

Back