Got another nice vinyl to match

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
I want to know how I manage to find jobs with vinyls which are hard to match
This one the join is in the centre of the stairs which lead up to he living area of the house
It is a butt join with the piece on the left is a off cut from the side which is cut in but not glued
The cut to match onto is about 5m long going up against a wall into a walk in cupboard
BIRKENHEAD.jpg

Wow buddy, you get all the fun.

See, the problem with being good at something is you get all the fun things to do. I feel for you. I slayed 120 Yards of grey pvc hallways today and nary a pattern to be matched :)

See, the problem with being good at something is you get all the fun things to do. I feel for you. I slayed 120 Yards of grey pvc hallways today and nary a pattern to be matched :)

Mark I have put the paper down butted roughly to the other drop to make a rough pattern
See where the join is going as according to his plan and there really isnt any other place to put it without making another drop, vinyl not long enough
I rang big boss and told him no salvage to cut off
His response was cant I do the job you should retire I am 74 and dont need the money or the hassles so he just about got told
I told him I need another layer to help me get it in to line up Not taking job any further for about NZ$350 for it to turn to sh...
BIRKENHEAD2.jpg

Last edited:

Mark did you really slayed 120 Yards of grey pvc the vinyl or is that a Canadian term for laying vinyl?
I have heard of slamming the vinyl down but not slaying it down :)

LOL
its my term. Flooring hates me and I hate it so I SLAY it!
Plus "FloorSlayer" sounds so much more badass than floor layer =)

Your a better man than me buddy. I would tell that owner to go get stuffed.

Here is the roll we rolled out today. I told them it had massive roll crush and would look like turds.... and they said ok. Any other thing they said would involve me saying no lol.

20210724_141028.jpg

LOL
its my term. Flooring hates me and I hate it so I SLAY it!
Plus "FloorSlayer" sounds so much more badass than floor layer =)

Your a better man than me buddy. I would tell that owner to go get stuffed.

Here is the roll we rolled out today. I told them it had massive roll crush and would look like turds.... and they said ok. Any other thing they said would involve me saying no lol.

View attachment 12527

Would be good fun unrolling it
The roll looks like it had 20 rolls laying on top of it in the container?
Is it going to lay flat over night when it warms up
I dont do jobs like that any more
Quite happy doing little jobs the other layers dont want to touch as they are too small for two guys to be there
Quite happy to get $300 odd and home by 3pm with no health and safety issues along with all the other bull..... t you get on commercial work

That roll, and all the other rolls sat out in the sun flat stacked on a pallet. There were 9 rolls on the pallet and they were in the sun for god know how long.
There shall be no laying overnight, nothing is taking that out.
There is a part of me that misses doing putzy little bathrooms and derping my day away, but my bank account prefers this life over that. My body however does not.
I think you have the right idea jon.

And Mark I forgot to mention the concrete slab has one of those saw cuts in the slab you love from the stairs to the opposite wall
There are also 2 others there as well along with a different pour in on corner
All of this in the main entry into the house so you can imagine what those saw cuts could look like with the thin domestic type plastic backed vinyl in a couple of months or sooner :)

Good golly miss molly. That is something my man. To be fair though, it sounds like the perfect job for my buddy Jon to get stuffed with because at least I know it will turn out right :)

Glue the stuff down using contact cement. Any distortion will instantly go away. Just a suggestion. You're just going to be the one that figures out how to glue it. 😁

Glue the stuff down using contact cement. Any distortion will instantly go away. Just a suggestion. You're just going to be the one that figures out how to glue it. 😁

highup contact glue will make the vinyl go yellow
Two of us spent about 3 hours there today so all done until those saw cuts in the slab show
The other guy actually did the house next door, he is rough on the finish but it probably matches next door so I let it go

Latest posts

Back