Gun free zone

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in NY it took me 3 months in the late 90s to get my permit.
Now there's so many people applying with wait times and hoops to jump through they are telling people 3 years!
The amount of people applying has doubled in the last few years.

No wonder almost everyone I know that's bailing NY is heading to Florida. Their governor has a freaking clue. Our governor is a dumb ass, damn shame the other guy (zelden?) Didn't beat hochul. Blue wins here because they hand feed the people. Welfare, housing, cash assistance..... You name it. Keep feeding them and they'll keep voting for you. Bunch of damn stray cats!
The whole state is tired of laws that work for NYC but don't work for upstate.

As of the 8th, it will be illegal to buy a gun in Oregon. Technically, the new law says you need a permit but there is no way set up to get one.

As of the 8th, it will be illegal to buy a gun in Oregon. Technically, the new law says you need a permit but there is no way set up to get one.
That's why when police aren't enforcing the laws. Cops here are for gun rights.
A cop wanting a personal firearm has to go through a background check and obtain a permit just like law abiding citizens.
The old way, the current way, is a background check which in some cases can take a few hours or maybe up to 3 days.
It's up to the government, the FBI to do a background check within that time period. If the FBI or State Police can't do the check within 3 days, the gun purchase will be okayed or can be okayed by the gun store owner.
Now with the permitting system and no system set up to deal with it, nor personnel to deal with the permitting system nobody knows if it's going to take days months or a year or two to obtain a permit.
Not all oregonians are crazy people, they all live up north in two counties. The rest of our state votes red. Them northern people are city dwellers. A large portion of large city dwellers in this country vote for the the cranial dismembered

Just give everyone man, woman & child a new purse 👜.
That way whenever there's a threat we can all band together and attack the gun toting maniac with our purses....

Until they want a permit for them too!

Just give everyone man, woman & child a new purse 👜.
That way whenever there's a threat we can all band together and attack the gun toting maniac with our purses....

Until they want a permit for them too!

What about high capacity assault purses? Do you need a handbag training course for a concealed carry purse? How about men competing in a women’s sport?The handbag toss and the purse shot put at the Scottish Highland Games will never be the same. Just think of how many Carrhart camo purses you’ll be seeing everywhere. This could get interesting.

Going hunting this weekend? Hide behind a tree and the first deer that comes by jump out and hit it with your purse... 😂

This whole purse thing came about 20+ years ago with the fellas. Used to bust each others balls with that saying. Joe has a beef with Bob, I'd tell joe "next time Bob gives you a hard time just hit him with your purse" 😂.

Back in high school, in the 60s, the school decided that boys and girls could not hold hands at school. So a couple of my buddies started walking around holding hands, just to screw with the school. Now days, no one would notice.

Back in high school, in the 60s, the school decided that boys and girls could not hold hands at school. So a couple of my buddies started walking around holding hands, just to screw with the school. Now days, no one would notice.
WRONG!

They would be named King and Queen of the Prom.

100%

stable.jpg

As a back east boy who knows nothing about Oregon, (I lived in California for a while in the late 70s when you could buy all the guns you wanted) I must say I’m surprised the vote went that way? I always pictured Oregon as a gun toting place?

I demand a recount!! LOL
I have a niece who lives on the edge of Portland. She says it is a cesspool. She is afraid to go into town. Robberies, muggings and shootings are common. And the city won't let the police do anything.

My wife asked me last night if I would ever be willing to move back to Oregon. That’s a tough question to answer. There’s places in Oregon that don’t have the problems that the 3 big liberal cities have. There’s places in Oregon that have decent weather. There’s even places in Oregon that are still affordable. What there isn’t in Oregon is a place that you can escape the politics of Oregon.

My wife asked me last night if I would ever be willing to move back to Oregon. That’s a tough question to answer. There’s places in Oregon that don’t have the problems that the 3 big liberal cities have. There’s places in Oregon that have decent weather. There’s even places in Oregon that are still affordable. What there isn’t in Oregon is a place that you can escape the politics of Oregon.
Sounds like Colorado. I spent a short time there as a teen and loved the place. But the politics are just too far left.

Latest posts

Back