Had a date with a hoe and wheel barrow

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
She likes riding in the wheel barrow. Lol
Never had so much fun in a bathroom. Had a ledge we wanted raised up with corner seats.
I was going to use block but my buddy - old timer tile guy has his own method i tried. Frame it out and pack it with deck mud. Came out great. Took six 55 lb bags.

20180630_173639.jpg
20180701_114536.jpg

20180628_203353.jpg

Ever wonder whats down there in your shower drain besides a Stephen King clown?
Pulled this out, stunk up the entire house.

Attachments

• 20180705_153542.jpg
    20180705_153542.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 241
Its a long process between jobs. Working on the bench. All wall/vertical tiles will waterfall over top the flat surfaces.
20180801_143510.jpg

Last edited:
So my 30+ year old MK 101 just died on me. Prolly the switch. But its a gotta have it now thing. Damn thing is a tank which is why I've been saying no to tile jobs. So freaking heavy it takes two peoples to move it.
Any recommendations for a new saw?
20180801_165837.jpg

I know you don't want a Ridgid E . rented one . Piece of crap.. My table saw stopped turning on .. The switch was loaded with saw dust .. Maybe the same issue with yours..

Ern, I had an Mk 101 for a few months, but returned it because the track was binding up and couldn't get a good cut anymore. I am still looking for a great replacement so I am also paying attention to this thread.

Found a used DeWalt D2400 tile saw with stand for $450 cash. Used on one job supposedly But no warranty so prolly just grab a 10" Kobalt from Lowes for $499. Three year no questions warranty. Has all the bells and whistles as the Dewalt has plus a collapsible stand with wheels and a hose you can use to clean off the tray. Best part is plunge cutting. The used one has no collapsible stand with wheels.

Yup, the DeWalt is a great saw but like I said no warranty. I never usually buy an extended warranty but I did for another 3 years for 50 bucks, so 6 years no questions covers everything. By then I expect to retire. LOL
Can't beat the collapsible stand with wheels vs the chincy stand on the DeWalt. Also heard bad things about the Rigid.

Compare https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-tools/saws/tile-saws/10-in-wet-tile-saw-with-stand/d24000s

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-10-in-Wet-Dry-Tabletop-Sliding-Table-Tile-Saw-with-Stand/50432430

When the big screen TV's came out i bought the warranty, a year later the tubes went .. Didn't know they sub the warranty's out , and the company went out of business.. Never bought another warranty since .. Good Luck with it .. PS: All Rigid stuff is junk..

. Made a cut and the laser was spot on, perfect cut. Took me two hours to put it together. Getting the motor head on was toughest by yourself - five bolts. I think getting them really tight is key to alignment.

Looks good .. How is the saw working ?

Nick, that dang saw is awesome. I thought it would be underpowered compared to the huge MK motor. If I crank it up to 6 that thing will suck tiles into it...hang the F on! Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back