Handling Asbestos Floor Tiles

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've taken up thousands of sf of those 9 x 9 tiles before they passed that stupid law. Never felt any ill effects yet. cough cough.

Thank goodness they invented floating floors. But I have seen guys put ceramic tile over them. :eek:

Hope you never do! My father-in-law has been monitored for a number of years on the asbestos spots in his lungs from being on the old Navy ships. That wasn't even much about dust, just being around it.

On the second part of your post ... sorry about the customer's luck, that's crazy! It's worse than putting laminate over carpet! :confused:

Was watching Judge Judy, and she asked a guy how he could get a card to grow medical marijuana for asthma when he painted cars for a living? It just cracked me up!

Tia

She doesn't usually treat contractors very well. I would not want to go in front of her.

My deceased boss always hated her, and I told him that's because he knew she'd rip him a new a**hole. It was one of our funnies together!

Tia

Asbestos! It's a strong fire-resistant fiber which was widely used in the past for fireproofing and insulation purposes. The problem with it is that is has these small, buoyant fibers which can easily be inhaled or swallowed by people. These damaging particles have been proven to cause a number of very serious diseases which including asbestosis, which is a chronic disease of the lungs that makes breathing extremely difficult, and cancers.

Asbestos! It's a strong fire-resistant fiber which was widely used in the past for fireproofing and insulation purposes. The problem with it is that is has these small, buoyant fibers which can easily be inhaled or swallowed by people. These damaging particles have been proven to cause a number of very serious diseases which including asbestosis, which is a chronic disease of the lungs that makes breathing extremely difficult, and cancers.

Not bad from someone who lives in Kakinada, India! The power of the WEB, and the art of generating SPAM, all in one small package!

I just love the simpletons and the new-born pups.

Not bad from someone who lives in Kakinada, India! The power of the WEB, and the art of generating SPAM, all in one small package!

I didn't see him trying to sell us anything? Just telling us something we already knew ...

Tia

Don't sand or pulverize. :D

Don't disturb the stuff if you can possibly avoid it. My father-in-law has asbestos in his lungs from being on the Navy ships back in the day. Thankfully, his sweet lady doc keeps an eye on it, but it's really nothing to mess with. Which is why they have laws about the removal and disposal of the crap.

Tia

Latest posts

Back