Hardwood door threshold

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazg123

Hi, I'm wanting to transition my oak floor from dining room to a carpet in lounge through a double door 2metres wide. Im not sure what I should be using.I have had a look at various z bar transition strips but as the floor depth is 20mm they don't seem deep enough. As I'm aware of the need for an expansion gap as well does anyone know of best way to fo this?......

Are you finishing to an existing carpet? You'd use a reducer that goes from the thickness of your hardwood, (sounds like 3/4") down to the height of your carpet, squaring that edge off a bit to match the height. Or, if you installing new carpet to the wood, you can use ramp up to the woods thickness with shims made for this purpose.

Are you finishing to an existing carpet? You'd use a reducer that goes from the thickness of your hardwood, (sounds like 3/4") down to the height of your carpet, squaring that edge off a bit to match the height. Or, if you installing new carpet to the wood, you can use ramp up to the woods thickness with shims made for this purpose.
Thankyou

Latest posts

Back