Hardwood Flooring Nailer Leaking Oil

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMMIEM

My pneumatic hardwood flooring nailer has begun to leak oil. There is some oil residue under the strike cap, around the exhaust port, and spots on the subfloor in front of where I have driven a cleat. The nailer is working fine and has no other problems. I don't know what type of maintenance to perform. Replace o-rings, seals or what? From the blogs I have seen this is not uncommon and these tools do require periodic maintenance. I am oiling per the instruction manual.

Kidding aside, much as I hate it. :D
............it's different with air wrenches and mechanic's tools. It' a rare day when my pinner gets oiled. I worry about oil gettin on finished surfaces, so I don't probably put more than a drop or two of oil in the connection port when I feel it needs it. Now, I don't use my air tools day in , day out like a cabinet shop would, but that said, I agree with the others. Much less than the manufacturer says. Or simply much less than you are now using.
My nephew works in a cabinet shop. I'll ask him about how often they oil their tools.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back