Hardwood/Tile Issue when remodeling. HELP

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they using an oil based floor finish? Regardless, it's a benefit that the nail holes appear more random than all in perfectly straight lines. The most recent image doesn't show the spots as much as the others. Your camera may not show us exactly what you see in person.
I suppose one of those stain pens Nick mentioned could be used here and there if any of the larger or more prominent spots stand out more than others.
One other thing to consider is we're looking at bare rooms with no furnishings. Everything will be more noticeable since the room isn't furnished. ie, no furniture, rugs blinds doors etc.

Are they using an oil based floor finish? Regardless, it's a benefit that the nail holes appear more random than all in perfectly straight lines. The most recent image doesn't show the spots as much as the others. Your camera may not show us exactly what you see in person.
I suppose one of those stain pens Nick mentioned could be used here and there if any of the larger or more prominent spots stand out more than others.
One other thing to consider is we're looking at bare rooms with no furnishings. Everything will be more noticeable since the room isn't furnished. ie, no furniture, rugs blinds doors etc.

We're choosing to go with a water base finish, commercial grade. We're fine with the filler if it is what it is. Obviously would want it to not show as much. Like you said, once the house is furnished, it'll be less noticeable. There are literally a couple thousand holes throughout the house with the bedrooms having the most. Furniture will cover a lot though.

In love with the floor. The filler came out better than expected. Note that there's a lot of glare in the photo.

IMG_20171230_092924.jpg

Last edited:
Wow............ that turned out super nice Brian. Give yourself a big pat on the back for your hard work and vision. You in small part, saved the planet! :D It's really nice to see that old wood come alive again and for decades into the future.
I bet the people who had the tile installed would have a hard time believing the tile installation could ever be undone. Looks a million times better than the tile.
Thanks for the update.

My experiences is that the old mud bed is easier to tear out then a dura rock or cement board set up

Latest posts

Back