Hardwood/Tile Issue when remodeling. HELP

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@nick I removed all of the nails as requested by the floor refinishers. I was just a little concerned that the wood filler wouldn't disguise the holes.

@highup I have this and it really hasn't worked too well...

Screenshot_20171129-124026.jpg

Nope, way too big. You need a small one because you're doing surgery. That one is for disposing of the body. :D
Ya need a 4 inch wide hand held scraper that uses disposable razor sharp blades like the Crain one.

What kind of nails are we talking about ? Cleats , or staples ..

If they are any good they will trial the complete floor to fill in any holes , gaps in the side , and end joints..

What kind of nails are we talking about ? Cleats , or staples ..

If they are any good they will trial the complete floor to fill in any holes , gaps in the side , and end joints..

They look like roofing nails...

IMG_20171104_153634.jpg

Here''s an update. Doing just enough to remove most of the tar and will scrape off the rest. Took a couple hours cause I'm being very patient and am getting comfortable.

IMG_20171130_191430.jpg

Looks good .. The drum sander will get that ..

Thanks. I'm really enjoying this diy project. Love it at times and hate it at times, lol. I've never been the handy type, but definitely like the way it's going and can see myself doing more projects.

Latest posts

Back