Has anyone put down henry level pro on wood floors without lath mesh?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Baker

I just did, LOL. I hope it turns out ok, I thought I read all the directions, then when I finished, I sat down and read them again, at the very bottom of the instructions it says to install lath mesh on wood before installing level pro. I am putting soft and sound underlayment over the floor before adding vinyl planks....Im a waterproofer so I have plenty of liquid rubber that I know bonds well to concrete, Im actually considering putting a skim coat over it just in case it starts cracking

It will spider crack a little over time but if you're putting underlayment (pad) down and installing a floating floor over that then it's not going to cause a problem. It's not going to crack back to dust, just some minor spider cracking. If you were going to directly adhere something to it, then I would be concerned but not with floating floors. The minor spider cracking that occurs won't telegraph.

Don't use the rubber, you're just creating a potential bonding issue for the next guy or yourself that will have to be dealt with at some point. It might bond well to concrete but rubber doesn't play well chemically with vinyl and can cause staining / plasticizer issues.

Lesson learned. Just move on and don't add any more layers to the "S*#t Sandwich". :) ;)

I just did, LOL. I hope it turns out ok, I thought I read all the directions, then when I finished, I sat down and read them again, at the very bottom of the instructions it says to install lath mesh on wood before installing level pro. I am putting soft and sound underlayment over the floor before adding vinyl planks....Im a waterproofer so I have plenty of liquid rubber that I know bonds well to concrete, Im actually considering putting a skim coat over it just in case it starts cracking
I don't know what soft and sound underlayment is but if you're vinyl planks already have an attached underlayment you do not want to add a second layer of underlayment. That will cause the planks to flex and flexing will cause the locking mechanisms to break.

I don't know what soft and sound underlayment is but if you're vinyl planks already have an attached underlayment you do not want to add a second layer of underlayment. That will cause the planks to flex and flexing will cause the locking mechanisms to break.
This is made for the planks, its the only brand that you can use that won't void the warrantee. its really 1.5mm, more just for moisture and sound proofing

Latest posts

Back