Has anyone tried either of these?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horrible ideas. Well they will do the trick but those guys have no idea. End joint gaps are a common occurrence due to numerous issues mostly a crappy locking mechanism manufactured into the end joint, pivot points, locked in areas and most common on DIY jobs if caulking in around fixed vertical obstructions like doorways etc.

Most of the time a simple kick with the foot will move the plank/s back into position. But what these yahoos wont tell you is they will move back apart unless you place a bead of tongue and groove adhesive int to it to lock it together. I'd hate to see those guys try and do a plank replacement or side joint separation issue.

The Floor Gap fixer can be made with a block of wood and some good double faced tape. I bet a roll of double faced tape is cheaper than that Floor Gap fixer. Need I say more? Ok I will. Here's the professional grade one I carry which I can pop entire floors apart with and knock them back together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late. I ordered both. What is your commission? :) I looked at the quick step tool also. I didn't add it to the list because it wasn't not what I need for this problem. I wanted something that I could complete this job quickly. I also didn't like that it used a double sided tape that wasn't reusable. Just another thing to buy and people said it left a residue on the floor (I didn't want to risk damage to a floor). Anyway, I ended up purchasing both. The HOD did not work well. It ended up sliding on the planks with each hit and only closed the boards that slid easily. The floor gap fixer worked great and closed the gaps the HOD couldn't. Also unlike the quickstep, the adhesive is reusable all I did was clean it after I used it. This tool payed for itself with one job.

I get some super sticky double faced tape at the flooring distributor and never seen it leave residue. Even if I could get it off with some solvent rather easily.

Waste of money. Rubber mallet or your foot will give you the same results. Most likely going separate again. Put a little adhesive in it not going to hurt

Latest posts

Back