Has your weather started changing

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I just came across this, and I haven't been paying attention to what was going on with the extreme cold weather in the central and eastern parts of the country.
Is the flooding about to begin where any of you live?

I was expecting some rain but my little weather station just shows clouds and right now the sun is out nice and bright. If the weatherman are wrong, sometimes, like right now, I don't mind.

Rained all day yesterday. Kinda a wet winter for Phoenix in general but the rain softened the soil enough to topple one of our cacti. I get to clean that mess up when I get home and for those of you that don’t know them sum bitches are heavy. Heavy with pokey things all over themselves.
1D8DDC74-987B-466E-B252-27C24E0210C2.jpeg

Rained all day yesterday. Kinda a wet winter for Phoenix in general but the rain softened the soil enough to topple one of our cacti. I get to clean that mess up when I get home and for those of you that don’t know them sum bitches are heavy. Heavy with pokey things all over themselves. View attachment 16029
We had this dangerous monstrosity on the back patio when we bought the house. The quills are up to 6" long and razor sharp. So that's just what you want right there where you party! We were debating keeping it so the brick planter came out, I trimmed it down then later when we did the concrete and pavers I deleted that thing. It was pretty freaking difficult to demo and haul off!! Got bit dozens of times. I'm happy we deleted that. There was a different cactus tree------MUCH BIGGER in the front that eventually got demoed out------even harder to get that root ball.

Attachments

• IMG_1483.JPG
    IMG_1483.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1482.JPG
    IMG_1482.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • genMid.CV16138175_35_0.jpg
    genMid.CV16138175_35_0.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1480.JPG
    IMG_1480.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200305_133414.jpg
    20200305_133414.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
We had this dangerous monstrosity on the back patio when we bought the house. The quills are up to 6" long and razor sharp. So that's just what you want right there where you party! We were debating keeping it so the brick planter came out, I trimmed it down then later when we did the concrete and pavers I deleted that thing. It was pretty freaking difficult to demo and haul off!! Got bit dozens of times. I'm happy we deleted that. There was a different cactus tree------MUCH BIGGER in the front that eventually got demoed out------even harder to get that root ball.
In that second image, babies?
I think you could sell those to people you don't like. ......it would take a few years till they got the hint. 😁

In that second image, babies?
I think you could sell those to people you don't like. ......it would take a few years till they got the hint. 😁
Yes, those babies will eventually grow to the same size as the mother plant I'm told. Pretty sure she gave those to friends.

Crazy thing is how expensive cacti are, way more expensive than you would think especially years later when you’re dealing with removing one.
Hell, you should see the estimates I got to remove them! The "prickly pear" tree in the front yard the guy wanted $700. I got my buddy and his big, strapping young son to help me pull the root ball after I have hacked the limbs down and hauled them off to the dump. It was a lot of man hour and AGAIN I got bit about a dozen times by the needles. I never learn. The one in the photos from the back didn't have much root system so it was just a delicate matter of chopping it up. VERY DANGEROUS!

Latest posts

Back