Have you ever installed flooring in the wrong house

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Just wondering if you have done the wrong house> I did twice. First time I had 2 different house numbers and on house description. So I went with the number and description. We were packing our tools when we found out from the home owner. The houses were just a couple houses apart. She had made the deal on the first but the basement leaked so she took the other. The houses were identical. Right down to where the register holes were when we took the carpet up and moved it over to the other house.
The other one the measure man measured the wrong house and they sent us out.

Daris

We put vinyl in the wrong kitchen once. It was a tract house, every other road was street and avenue. When we got back to the store the real customer wanted to know where we were. The store owner, who put the wrong address on the ticket, never contacted the people who got the free vinyl,

The store I worked for at one time got a call from a lady wanting to know if we had put carpet in her address in her town. The store told he no why? She had carpet on nice hardwood floors that she loved, and hadn't ordered any carpet. Besides she added whoever had done the job obliviously hadn't wore shoes and she said her house smelled like stinky feet.

Daris

My brother did some work in a subdivision that was being developed. The guy he was working with just pulled the house number sign out of the ground and traded places with the house number sign next door............ the one next door was the correct house.

Somehow all of these stories seem way worse than all the crap I put up with today...wrong dwelling? wowzers

I heard some good ones from roof and fencing contractor friends. Hasn't happened to me yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that it wont.

One roofing contractor I know was working on a home that had a nice swimming pool. On a dare his guys would skinny dip in the pool while the customer was not home. On the last day on the house, they saw that the customers car was outside the garage (by this time they brought they swimwear) and to be nice, knocked on the door to ask the lady if they could jump in.
The lady said "Sure! No problem. I've been watching you guys jump in all week from my living room."

Since I was in the wrong line of business for my career, I've never laid flooring wrong. Then again, I know a cop that...

well just watch and see what happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never got it installed. Went to the wrong house a few times but never started installing. Had one when I was a young fella, Went to the door that was on the paper work, this very good looking lady opened the door with a see through teddy on, wrong home but if she said come in and install it, it would have been hard not to.

Went into a house once owned by a single (very rich) man. You could see up to the bed in the open loft. He slapped the hooker on the butt and told her it was time to leave. Worked in that house 5-6 times, that was the only time anyone was there other than the maid. She confirmed it was a hooker.

We did put the wrong carpet in on 4 jobs on the same day. All bathrooms the same size. Homeowners either weren't home or leaving as we arrived. Didn't know about it until we got back to the store that night. Ends up the distributor put the wrong names on them at the warehouse. All but one like what they got better than what they picked out. Just had to replace the one.

Daris

Ohh man! I did it last month(flooring in the wrong house). After that the pain I faced that is not forgettable. Embarrassing! And I will never do this kind mistake again.

Last edited:
What kind of flooring do you install in Bangladesh?

I do Hardwood Flooring. And Not wrong house actually, I did it wrong room.

Installation process explain here: lowes. com/projects/build-and-remodel/install-a-solid-hardwood-floor/project Actually, I do same things and thus not explaining more here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back