Having fun

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Learning how to unlock phones. Then set a new APN. Putting "textnow" on couple old phones. It is a phone app that costs $4.99 for a sim card and then unlimited calling and texting is free forever after that. No data. Learning a lot. Works on 4g and 5g phones. Makes a good backup phone. We changed companies a couple weeks ago and got new phones free. Our old 5 g phones were just laying here. It does have a few ads on the app. You can set them up as a VOIP phone too.

Last edited:
You can still get a locked phone in 'Merica?

Holy shit snack, one bloody thing Canada got right. It has been against regulations to sell a phone locked to a carrier here for what I want to say has been 4 years now.

What a BS concept that ever was, I bought it fair and square, how the hell could they hold me hostage.

I want to know what national carrier "textnow" piggybacks off of.... if only i was not too lazy to look lol

It uses T mobile towers. If you ask for the unlock codes,they must give them to you.
T mobile bought Sprint and Sprint will disappear next month.

Here they aren't even allowed to sell locked phones any longer.
It was always such a pain to have to unroot and jail break a phone. Silly telco's.

Glad you found something new to learn, learning is always a good way to spend ones time. I wish I had as much interest in my daily life as with all of the small tidbits and useless gobbledegook that falls into it.

Latest posts

Back