Haze After Polyurethane

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy5280

I did some work filling in cracks with plastic wood that came out okay. I then applied water-based polyurethane (which is what is on the floor now). I then lightly sanded it and added another coat. Now it has this haze. Will this just wear away, or is there a way I can fix this?
Thanks.

Attachments

• floor.JPG
    floor.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 155
I don't really have a clue, but did you stir the poly well? Looks like a satin or low sheen. House is up to temperature I assume?

I don't really have a clue, but did you stir the poly well? Looks like a satin or low sheen. House is up to temperature I assume?
It's an old can of clean semi gloss. Do you think I should just buy a new one, lightly sand it again, and re-apply? Thanks.

The finish appears cloudy or milky. Cause: • Applying finish over a coat that isn’t dry enough to be recoated yet. • Applying waterborne finish during very high relative humidity or over a floor that is too cold to be coated. •

Cure: Abrade/screen and recoat, being sure to increase the dry time between coats. Check with a damp rag before abrading/reapplying finish to make sure the cloudiness has disappeared.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back