Hello it's hot

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Csason

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
In Florida this time of year...

My name is Owen. I've been installing since the late seventies. I've done it all.

Glad to find the forum and chit chat or read about what's happening on the floor.

Regards !

In Florida this time of year...

My name is Owen. I've been installing since the late seventies. I've done it all.

Glad to find the forum and chit chat or read about what's happening on the floor.

Regards !

Welcome to the forum. I have been installing since 1973. One of the regulars, Daris has been installing longer yet.

Early seventies for me .

image.jpg

Actually I started hacking in the late seventies, I didn't actually learn anything until early eighties probably. My apologies to those customers I first had.

Yeah, I've been out of it for a few years , I sort of retired and went into healthcare (long story) but over the last twenty years I've had different people call me and drag me back into it for one reason or another (hard to find good cove and cap installers) but the last couple years have been so bad for healthcare I've decided to go back into flooring until I retire permanently

Wish me well !

Actually I started hacking in the late seventies, I didn't actually learn anything until early eighties probably. My apologies to those customers I first had.

Yeah, I've been out of it for a few years , I sort of retired and went into healthcare (long story) but over the last twenty years I've had different people call me and drag me back into it for one reason or another (hard to find good cove and cap installers) but the last couple years have been so bad for healthcare I've decided to go back into flooring until I retire permanently

Wish me well !

A really good cove man can find work in any metropolitan area at a decent wage or piece work rate. No matter how good you are though the work doesn't come to you. That's really the part I hate------DRIVING.

Got a CD for my birthday over the weekend, with a picture of a license plate with the letters CLM DWN and the title : music to reduce road rage.

I'll be trying it out next job I have to travel. This week I'm less than 10 miles from home. What a pleasure!

Most of mine is within 10 miles easy. If it's way out like 30 miles then most people won't hire me due to the upcharge. And I hate it when they do. But money is money.
Thens there's like way out of town driving seems futile so they pay for R&B.

I am halfway between Orlando and Tampa, most of my work the last twenty years has been from Orlando up to Jax... and some in Miami.

The last four or five cove jobs have found me. Lotsa wanna be's out
there..I just lucked out and worked with the right guys at the right time
many moons ago, the main one, WB, was killed by a lightning strike
on the way home from picking up supplies, he stopped to help some
girls, and when he straightened up, it hit him. He was a BIG boy..and
it worked against him that time.

I am grateful I got to work with some old timers, now I is one. HA HA

P.S. I will drive quite a distance for the right money.. I will even fly and drop out of
a plane with my kicker in hand if the right coins are there !

I've been installing since graduating high school in '75. Prior job was a paper route and I mowed a few lawns as a pre-teen, live at home slave. I learned self coving in '77 and hated it ever since. :D
Welcome to the madness, Csason.

Latest posts

Back