Help me get this crap off my floor!!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billbill

So as u can see in the pic below, I've got some super high gloss prefinished solid hardwood floors and that little grime spot on the ends of the boards was a nasty dull wax that was a result of someone not knowing the wood floors do's/don'ts and used Bona polish! The polish left a wax that used to cover the entire floor but my backbreaking work got most of it off. I have one more room to do and I'm seeking advice for a new cleanup procedure. Although effective, I'm killing myself. Hiring out is not an option either!
My current procedure is to use a natural degreaser cleaner direct to the board in 18" increments, and scrap off wax grime with a plastic putty knife. Board by board due to the beveled edges that make the job that much more difficult. So much time!!!! And so many paper towels wasted lol.
Refining is not an option either, nor is using 0000 steel wool.
Does anyone know of a way to make this job easier???? Have a look

Attachments

• IMG_7587.PNG
    IMG_7587.PNG
    884.3 KB · Views: 207
I have no idea, but I hope some of the experts have some suggestions. I hope someone can figure something out bc that sounds frustrating. Gorgeous floors though.

You can try WD 40 .. Got a lot of difficult things off hardwood with .. You can also try a Mr Clean Magic Sponge ..

I get candle wax out of cpt by putting a damp towel on it , and hit it with a steam iron .. Sucks it right up ..

The only "magic" thing about those Mr Clean erasers is how they magically rip, tear, and shred when you try to use them. They are absolute garbage.

Well I've seen hundreds of complaints like yours from people who have been in the exact same predicament as you with different polish manufactures.
I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Well I've seen hundreds of complaints like yours from people who have been in the exact same predicament as you with different polish manufactures.
I wish you the best in your endeavors.
Thanks. Bottom line, if you have high gloss solid hardwood floors don't use anything on them other than light spot cleaning where/when applicable

Latest posts

Back