Help needed! Floor got stained after sanding

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVID DIENSTBIER

Hi all. Total amature here seeking urgent advice/help. My girlfriend is moving into a new house and took it upon herself to refinish the wood floors. She rented the sander, and things seemed to be progressing well but then her brother attempted to clean pet urine stains from the (now sanded) floors with hydrogen peroxide. He sprayed it without cleaning the dust at all, which left it looking pretty awful. When she saw it, she kind of overreacted and proceeded to go a bit overboard with a very wet rag and the photo you see is the result. I am at a loss as to how to address this, as the affected areas are now very large and don't respond to efforts to lessen the staining. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!
20190322_195849.jpg

I'm going to suggest maybe more sanding, but that sander isn't really up to the task. I don't think the sanding can be done evenly, no matter how skilled the operator.

I'm going to suggest maybe more sanding, but that sander isn't really up to the task. I don't think the sanding can be don't thing the sanding can be doesn't evenly, no matter how skilled the operator.
Hey and thanks for the reply. The sander in the photo was NOT used to sand the floir. It just happened to be in the pic. She rented a proper floor sander firctge job and we may be going it again

What was your method of sanding paper wise. It looks like you skipped a grit or didn't start with a heavy grit paper.

Latest posts

Back