Help needed in finding oak parquet flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel JD1973

A month ago I had water damage to my kitchen flooring. It was oak parquet flooring installed when my home was built in 1988. Trying to replace it has become a nightmare. Not only will my insurance give me a replacement value of only $4.26 per sq ft, but no flooring store in my area (northeast Ohio) even carries anything remotely similar. Although no longer popular, I really like the quality of this type of flooring and would like to have exactly what I had. Inexpensive engineered oak flooring like they sell at Home Depot etc. is pure garbage in my humble opinion. So there is the dilemma I am facing. The oak parquet I have is 6"X6", 5/16" thick and 7 fingers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Tom. I would really appreciate it!
16533913150934166458062795911340.jpg

Got about 500 sq ft in the warehouse of full one's. Also about another 100 sq ft of 1/4s

Fantastic! It looks as though they are finished, is that right? Also, I am not exactly sure the amount I will need - probably between 250 to 400 square feet. How much would you charge per sq ft? Maybe it would be best to give me a call. My # is (440) 821-6100. Joel

It is pre finished. I'm not sure about how much it is but I will pass your info to one of our sales reps. I'll put a hold on it until you talk with someone about it so nobody buys it in the meantime.

Or our shop's name is, The hang up put down shoppe carpet one. 334 factory st, Watertown NY 13601. The land lines are (315) 782-4990, (315) 782-4998, and the company cell is (315) 836-4982. Store hours are 9-5 closed Sunday. Give them a ring if you don't hear from anyone soon ( I been really busy lately).

Just tell whoever picks up that Tom Potter had you call about the oak parquet flooring in the warehouse and tell them your situation. All are very nice folks. But just a heads up, it probably won't be cheap. It's a good quality Armstrong parquet and also there will be shipping charges on top of that.

Hope that helps you out and I'll do as I said tomorrow morning.

Looks like it's marked at $2 sq ft. Actually cheaper than I thought it would be.
Anyway, I put a hold on it until you talk with someone at the shop.

Thank you for your help so far, but after talking to several people in your shop, the actual amount of oak parquet flooring that I need (6x6, 5/16th, 7 fingers) is 225 square feet rather than what you originally told me (600 sq ft). I am waiting for a call from your shop to find out what the shipping cost of the flooring would be. I also need to ask them to send me a pic of the flooring too in case it is different from the color of the flooring you originally sent me. Then, I will have to decide if 225 sq ft will be enough. I have a feeling it will not be. So close but no cigar! In the beginning I was really thrilled with the possibility that you had over 300 sq ft and I might be able to complete my flooring with that amount (or possibly another 100 sq ft). If I decide that the amount you actually have isn't quite enough, any suggestions at that point? It is my understanding that all of this is old new stock so I can't go to Armstrong and order the difference of what I need (probably another 175 sq ft). I am starting to see that this might turn out to be almost impossible to find what I need in a color and cost that I want. Any suggestions to contact other certain flooring shops you might be aware of who may have stashed this type of flooring away? Likewise, any members of this forum that have a nice stock of oak parquet flooring, please contact me and you may gain a friend for life...lol.

Yeah sorry about that. Hadn't had my coffee yet and miscounted on the total.
Unfortunately parquet isn't in high demand and it simply isn't worth most manufacturers time to produce. I did look around the internet's and find some from Etsy. Never bought anything from the site so I couldn't tell you if their reliable but take some time to check it out. I also don't know if that's the price per carton or for all 40 cartons?
Screenshot_20220531-071124.png

Thank you for sending the ad from Etsy, but I really don't care to purchase flooring from them.

Can I ask you one more favor, though, Tom. I told you in my last post that I had talked to someone in your warehouse (I can't recall his name) but he said he would calculate the amount of the flooring (all 225 sq ft) plus shipping and get back to me. That was last week and I still haven't heard back from him. I also wanted to see a photo of the flooring, I realize that you had originally sent me a pic, but the gentleman in your warehouse said that the cartoons indicated they were "rustic" which means it might be darker than I am looking for. I hate to be such a large pain in your backside but when my home flooded and I had to replace my 1980's oak parquet flooring I never dreamt that finding very similar or exact flooring would be such a nightmare. I seem to be one of the very few people in northeastern Ohio who actually appreciate it and its quality. I can't thank you enough for being so helpful to me!

HELP Finding OAK Parquet Flooring NOS 6"x6", 5/16th " deep, Honey color - Need 275 to 300 sq ft to replace damaged tiles due to water damage. Must be new old stock and in excellent original condition. If you have that kind of vintage flooring, please contact me immediately to discuss price/shipping. Thanks! Joel, Strongsville, Ohio, (440) 821-6100.

Latest posts

Back