Help with sheet vinyl info

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Well looking at replacing the flooring in the kitchen. Learning things seem to have changed over the last couple of decades! First off I am not 100% sure what to call it. What I have always called Linoleum is actually sheet vinyl? Sheet vinyl I guess is what I will be asking about.
My question to start are
1. Can you get it without the padding, comfort step or what ever you want to call the foam padding?
Our current vinyl flooring measures .055 thick including a .010 wear layer(lifted one of the floor registers and cut out a section where it will not be noticed) Seems like most of this stuff is .085 to .120 thick!
2. Wear layer thickness and make up. So I am reading some are urethane others are polyurethane while another is aluminum oxide. Its all so confusing, I just want a sheet product that has held up as good as our current flooring did but without this padding.

Do you plan on installing it yourself or having it installed? Felt back vinyl is not really DIY friendly. Vinyl backed vinyl is easy for anyone to install, but it is thicker and more cushiony than felt backed.

Well looking at replacing the flooring in the kitchen. Learning things seem to have changed over the last couple of decades! First off I am not 100% sure what to call it. What I have always called Linoleum is actually sheet vinyl? Sheet vinyl I guess is what I will be asking about.
My question to start are
1. Can you get it without the padding, comfort step or what ever you want to call the foam padding?
Our current vinyl flooring measures .055 thick including a .010 wear layer(lifted one of the floor registers and cut out a section where it will not be noticed) Seems like most of this stuff is .085 to .120 thick!
2. Wear layer thickness and make up. So I am reading some are urethane others are polyurethane while another is aluminum oxide. Its all so confusing, I just want a sheet product that has held up as good as our current flooring did but without this padding.
Are you referring to some sort of additional padding? .......or the foam cushion that is built into many of todays vinyl products?

Latest posts

Back