Helping on garage floor cleaning

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f117b2

Hi Guys,

I live in Northern Illinois. 2 years ago in the winter, on a snow day, my minivan rolled over a very high curb. The bottom of the gear box was broken. The transmission oil leaked all over the garage floor. Now, whenever it's humid, the garage gets extremely wet, as if water had been poured on it.

Can anyone please tell me how I can solve the problem?

Appreciate for any helps

Does it get wet where there was no spillage of the tyranny fluid? I'm guessing that you are reaching the dew point. When humid and warm the concrete is cold. At a certain temperature if forms water, just like on your lawn.

Daris

Does it get wet where there was no spillage of the tyranny fluid? I'm guessing that you are reaching the dew point. When humid and warm the concrete is cold. At a certain temperature if forms water, just like on your lawn.

Daris

Yes. It does and is very wet even without any water.

Is there a way I can fix the problem?

Thanks.

How much difference between the garage temperature and the outside air temperature when this is happens? I am guessing this happens when the garage door is opened, and when the outside air temperature has risen considerably since morning?

What temperature variations do you have from the morning low to the afternoon high when this happens. I assume the problem is occurring now?

I have seen washers and dryers in the garage. Is the dryer vented well?

Last edited:
The stains must be still there?
If anyone comes across such a situation, without delay get them covered with sawdust for atleast a day. Using a push broom sweep up the sawdust. Pour dishwasher detergent on the area and scrub the stained section with broom.

In your case , I guess it should be stubborn stains.
Go for muriatic acid in combination with pressure washer set to 1200 PSI. Allow it to soak for few seconds and rinse. Neutralize the acid with baking soda on the cleaned area.

Not sure if it will help, but we have this rubber mat with ridges and it collects the water. It has kept water from pooling up and getting the sides of the garage wet. Up in here Montana we have some pretty nasty winters.

Latest posts

Back