Here you go Nick/Ramblin Jack

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. put his web address in the "File Path".

I'll try and give you a call today and walk you through it .

Have a lot of running around today .

OK. I did enter his URL in the Exclusion/Path File but haven't noticed any change. BUT....I did go into the Avast shields control and disabled it for 10 minutes and WALLA!!! I can access his site now. Who woulda thunk it was Avast??? Go figure. Never seen that before.

I didn't think of it Darol. I assumed you had Avast on before this Happened .

I still need to get your phone number so i can walk you through fixtlst and rid you of the errors .
E mail it to me .

Didn't have a chance to check your last reply last night Darol, Had to finish those two laptops for today .

We're not finished yet.

How is it running now ?

It's running great. That blasted pop up for Ramblin Jack is still there though.:rolleyes: Think maybe I should just use something besides Avast? It sure seems to have the ass for his site.

I downloaded Major Geeks, then went to Revo and the only thing in there is the original Avast program. Looked in the registry and it's in there too. One in current user, nothing under local hickey looking in Software if that's what you're wanting. When I download Bit, I get this.

!cid_081CADFF428447E5A278BA8D6811DA75@MININT74PAEA8.png

Save the file , But as i said in my post you don't want to download anything until we finish cleaning the confuser . Sorry i fell asleep , was up all night with the two laptops. Will go through your logs now .

You're clean Darol.

Follow the removal instructions for Avast, Also check My documents , Control panel, The C Drive under program files.

Last do a search from Search. All files and folders .

Mr Clean.jpg

Well, she's all up and running with a fancy new blocker t'boot. I can get on his site now with no problems. Geese, what a fee-askle. But as usual, I learned a bit more about these confusers that will go into my bag of tricks.

You d'man Nick. :)

Latest posts

Back