Hey Highup

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
A while back you mentioned working with a Core-tec product with cork on the back ,that was thinner.
I installed some of that last week .
I didn’t think there was such a thing.
The core seemed to be a little different, also the core was gray in color.
I have installed miles of the stuff and that was a first.

Awsome, except I had to be careful how I used my tapping block ,or it would slide off.

I guess it must be fairly new. Not sure what it's benefits are. Looks like it needs a tad more prep than the thicker stuff. Did you find the end joints seem to tap together a tiny bit harder than the regular stuff? I cut most of it by scoring and snapping.
Just prepping a job now with the regular stuff.... Coretec plus.

Last edited:
I didn't like the stuff thinner stuff I installed. As High said, it is harder to tap and not damage the edge since it is so thin. I believe it is a product made to compete with all other junk out there. I'm presently doing a job of stuff from HD. It has the 3 G pound down end joint. Its total crap.

I don't know if the stuff is cheaper, is it? I think it's commercial rated for stores etc.
I noticed on the last tap if you tapped one too many taps, or maybe tapped a little to hard on the last tap, that it looked like it ever so slightly buckled or momentarily compressed the joint. It looks like the material would seal more water tight than the regular old Coretec Plus.

I had a client order several hundred feet of it. I asked my Prosource account manager about it. It's kinda rated commercial but light commercial/res . Most commercial is glue down not click.
Although the Target store nearest to me is doing a huge remodel and the are going over VCT with a vinyl plank like just in some isles, I envision problems,

Our local Safeway store has had vinyl planks in it for probably ten years. The stuff it bullet proof. Still looks great. The foot traffic there is heavy all day every day. It's not T&G. Plank pattern has the looks of an old weathered warf or dock.

Our local Safeway store has had vinyl planks in it for probably ten years. The stuff it bullet proof. Still looks great. The foot traffic there is heavy all day every day. It's not T&G. Plank pattern has the looks of an old weathered warf or dock.

Seems tough, lots of commercial rated stuff out there.
I have a 2,000 sf residential glue down coming up next week. Anyone want to play?

Latest posts

Back