highup any idea?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
Do you have any idea why this photo is all hazy?
Give you a clue its a walk in bathroom and I was putting vinyl onto the walls, I got up 2 drops up with no problems then I glue the wall which you can see with an aclic glue, lifted the vinyl cut into place then got my gas bottle to heat the top of the vinyl to get it to stay in place. There is a fire sprinkler just above the bit I was heating about 6 inches away from the wall. Lots of water comes out getting me very wet along with not doing the glue on the wall any good, lots of white stuff all over the floor. The fire brigade takes a long time to arrive to turn the system off
This is the first time I have replaced the vinyl on the walls in this block even though I have replaced a lot of the walk in shower floors. The walls I have done in other areas of this retirement village have the fire sprinklers in the middle of the rooms not against the walls like this one
You wanna go back and try again getting that vinyl cut up?
HAZY PHOTO.jpg

When I rang him this morning to find out what the story was I said to him I want him to place one drop on the wall by himself to see how hard it is to do.
He replied he is there to help me and got all shitty
Dont forget that I told him to send the other layer around with his young guy as I was not going back Boss told me he would help me
As far as I was concerned I was helping the boss to get the job finished. Not him helping me to finish the job
I do not need the hassle or the money

He should have sent the other guy with the young helper to gain experience. I mean, when you retire...... who's gonna do the hard stuff?

He should have sent the other guy with the young helper to gain experience. I mean, when you retire...... who's gonna do the hard stuff?

He will be doing the rest
That was my point its too hard on your own
That young helper doesnt want to have anything to do with flooring as he goes to university. He spends all day sitting in the van playing with his phone getting $20 an hour. I watched Richard load 20 sheets of MDF into the van while young guy sat in the van. On vinyl jobs he holds the gas bottle and brings some things into the job, I want young fellas job :)
He does use him on carpet tile jobs

My wife fired her son on one of my jobs. She came to see how we were doing, I am in one room working and he is in the other room sitting on his ass instead of installing pad.

In the past few months, I've installed a 5' by 13' piece of vinyl flooring. That's it.
You make cove and wall work look easy...... you'd love being a carpet hack.

Latest posts

Back