highup do you?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope! That means warmer weather because it would be like racing at Alaska in 23 ft waves if they tried that here. 😁
OK, not that bad. It's windy here most of the time but the water temperature doesn't get above 60 in the summer.... Maybe 61 or 62 at the hottest. There really isn't any kind of racing like that on the ocean with any kind of boat. The only racing that's done is on a couple of the rivers near the coast.
Those guys are crazy.

In August the average ocean temperature is 55° and that is at the end of summer. Not a pleasant location for those kind of events especially considering the wind chill factor. Not many bikinis here. 😁

10° is a lot John. Even 67 isn't very warm. There's a difference between bikinis in coos Bay and bikinis in Hawaii...... just trust me. That said you're not going to catch me wearing a speedo in either location. 😁

Jon, I think that has to be the most unwatched sport in the United States. 😁
I'm thinking polo is more popular.
...... Might be more well known if the US won the race every year. 😉

highup I dont really follow either even though The cup as bought millions into NZ
I wanna know how those boats get held up on those legs of which I enjoy watching when they are flying
I wasnt doing anything today and it happened to be on TV
Did you see our house on TV? :)
Mostly I just like to see which country wins especially between Australia and NZ

Last edited:
The only thing that happens offshore here is fishing and commercial shipping. You guys have a lot warmer water than we do. I would expect the view on television to be 10 times better than being at the race.

Just think how much money America has spent to get to this stage?
The NZ boat capsized earlier on at one of the practices but they managed to carry on
Maybe you can put an offer in so you can have the boat sitting in your back yard? :)
Wonder how much technology can be used in other situations?
Maybe cruise ships will be able to "fly" instead of using motors to keep the Greenies happy? :)

Latest posts

Back