hiring an installer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait until you run into a"[steel" seam. I did on a restretch once. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't move a bubble. Kicked it by the bubble and ripped the carpet. Then I figured it out- to late.
Went out on a complaint once. Where the seam should have been was a double row of tackstrip. Guy had no iron and did not know how to make seam anyway. So he put the double row of strip, butted the carpet edges together on top if it and stapled it down. To be honest it was hard to see until you stepped on it. It was an old multi-colored sculpture. Probably $3 a yard.

Went to look at another re-stretch this afternoon. 11 by 16 room, no seams. Wrinkles across the room in the middle in two places. Carpet is a 3 week old installation. Room wasn't being heated during the install. I told em if the room wasn't heated, that I would have walked.
Handyman doing other work in this room "installed" it. He put down the pad and strip, but didn't stretch it......... did a nice job tucking it in. :D
The people needed the carpet installed before a certain date, and everyone was busy........ otherwise she would have waited for an installer. She's not mad at the handyman. I told her $60. Gonna do it Tuesday or Thursday. It consists of R&R a 7' piece of carpet bar that was screwed down and restretch the room. An hour start to finish and close by.

........I recently told you I did a repair in a looped pile carpet for $25 per inch. Does that make me expensive? :D
I just installed 7 trim pieces in a new Coretek installation. I charged $350 and was being way to nice with my prices. The original installer didn't finish the job.

Im in the Epoxy flooring industry... Nobody likes our prices. what do you say when a customer tells you your price is too high.

It would be vital for you to take experienced installers advice for all about installing, there is a installers of all kind of flooring who resolve my of mess about installing you too could do that for you best.

Im in the Epoxy flooring industry... Nobody likes our prices. what do you say when a customer tells you your price is too high.
Have you compared your prices to the competition? Just asking why people think it's high.
Reduce your materials cost to the consumer to your actual cost.
Let the customer know you did that. Then figure what your time is worth.
If you know that a large portion of installers skip steps to get the low bid...... Let the customer know what you do that others do and why it is important.
Let them know that it isn't as easy as dumping a pail of epoxy on the floor and collecting a check. Explain what you do and why it's important to do it right.

Latest posts

Back