Home Improvement Shows

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
I was watching a home improvement show today. They were putting OSB down as a subfloor and calling it plywood. They did not stagger the joints and were saying they were going to put 1/4" underlayment down next, before they installed ceramic. One of the worst messes I have seen on one of these shows.

The producers of those programs are no different than the people that wear those aprons in the home centers. SAME DEAL. They don't know there are standards and they don't care. All they want to do is to make an advertiser happy and after the show carry out the free tools and put them in the trunks of their cars and go home.:)

You don't think Norm Abrams paid for all those tools he so proudly uses in his TV program do you?:)

What about Mike Holmes, he has a couple of shows now. I tried to contact him about a carpet install he was showing about how wrong it was. I couldn't get past the prividence thing on his site. Also found out later that Canada has different standards than us. They can kick in a 5 meter x 5 meter room.

Daris

What about Mike Holmes, he has a couple of shows now. I tried to contact him about a carpet install he was showing about how wrong it was. I couldn't get past the prividence thing on his site. Also found out later that Canada has different standards than us. They can kick in a 5 meter x 5 meter room.

Daris

They use the British Standards.

The producers of those programs are no different than the people that wear those aprons in the home centers. SAME DEAL. They don't know there are standards and they don't care. All they want to do is to make an advertiser happy and after the show carry out the free tools and put them in the trunks of their cars and go home.:)

You don't think Norm Abrams paid for all those tools he so proudly uses in his TV program do you?:)

Not for a minute Bud . But ya got to give him credit , he's a good Carpenter.

I always loved it when Bob was walking into a room with the contractor and says. " I see that the carpet is being installed"
He says that as some knee jockey is bumpin in a a good sized bedroom.
I watched Bob years ago on the "Today Show". Bob was the Today Show's resident handyman for how to do it episodes. I wouldn't wan Bob making me a wooden picture frame.
I think Bob has his smarts in many area's of construction, but not in the 'hands on' parts.

Last edited:
No,No,No, don't get Bud started on Mike Holmes.
FYIfloors is just screwin' with me and I'm going to overlook it this time. She must be aware of the recent threads on another website.

I'll overlook it except to say that: Holmes is an IDIOT !

IMHO ! (My lawyer told me to add that part.):)

Last edited:
Not for a minute Bud . But ya got to give him credit , he's a good Carpenter.

FYIfloors is just screwin' with me and I'm going to overlook it this time. She must be aware of the recent threads on another website.

Who is the lawyer, I might need one too if I speak from the heart. :D

Last winter I was being stone-walled by a doctors wife that owed me money for some tile work. She pissed me off so I went and had lunch with my lawyer and told him of my intentions to file a lean on her frigging dump-o-adobe.

He suggested that I first write her a Stearn letter but warned me that I shouldn't put in writing that I thought she was an "F-ing" moron. He said "I know you Bud and I can't stop you from saying what's on your mind so when you write that letter to her be sure to write IN MY OPINION I THINK YOU ARE AN "F-ing" MORON." "That wording will look better in a courtroom if it comes to that."

I wrote my letter and had my money in four days. But of course she sent me a letter along with her check and told me a thing or two also.:)

Um nope didnt read no other threads nd im not screwin with ya Bud? I do like him alot but if hes no good please let me in on it..........please:eek:

Bud I was messing with ya. I had heard that you don't like M.H. but don't know any of the stuff. Thought I could get ya to let loose a little bit. But if it is to painful don't worry about it.
I couldn't figure out watching the show how he could get by with tearing up a whole house for a simple problem like a window install. But on one of the programs it was mentioned that if during the repair process that if they found another problem that had to be fixed also-a Canadian thing I guess.

Daris

Latest posts

Back