How much will adhesive raise the floor height?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see that trick. Do you have any pics, or are you waiting for the patent to be pending?

Here's a pic.
OK two pics.......... The first image shows the clip in one corner. You can see if you look closely, how the self lever, slopped up slightly onto the metal framing above where it was destined to be. The clip was the ticket. I'm really happy about how it performed in this small area.
This stuff is like tomato soup consistency, so it moves like a wave when you manipulate it during the pour. It could have easily slopped a lot higher on the metal when pouring.
Had a white line been painted on the metal, you can see how easily that plan would have failed in an instant as the light colored mixture would have coated the metal far above the painted line. The material did slop a lot higher onto the metal in a few places as the mixture was moved and screeded about.

In the second image, Michael (the UZIN rep) is pouring the milkshake. I'm watching and absorbing the process like a true professional. ;)

floor map clip 2_filtered. 900.jpg

Floor map 4_filtered.1000.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a close up of the tab. There's 2 pairs of arrows. The ones to the right show where the leveler slopped up and coated the metal, then receded.
The tab however shows me the depth where the leveler needs to be at. I wanted the leveler to end up ever so slightly under the metal tab, but in the worst case, no higher than the top of the tab. This is thin sheet metal, not 1/8" thick stuff. I was really happy with the end result.
Once poured the UZIN stuff didn't shrink down, so I am pretty impressed with UZIN 170 and the 460 epoxy moisture emission sealing system. Neat stuff. It ain't cheap.
..............can I get my check now? :D

floor map clip close up 900 with dual arrows.jpg

Last edited:
Just a note...................... the cameras on phones suck, no matter that people think. I think people have been dumbed down and they think that phones take nice photos. A guy at the museum passed the photos on to me. It a newer phone. The sensors in phones must be smaller than a BB.
In essence, crappy images are hard to enlarge. The images work, but man.............. I want my good old Kodachrome back.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Like em all, it's probably 28 days. I think you can walk on it in 2 hours? Looking at it the next day, I was immediately impressed.

Latest posts

Back