How times have changed.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brother, I still have my 2012 with 267000 km on it parked in the driveway complete with rusted bumper, ripped up driver seat, punched out side panels and the whole lot. Every single time I hop in that van it feels like home.

The sprinter was an unfortunate circumstance that I do not really regret as it is awfully nice to work out of but no matter how you slice it, that is a whole lot of cheddah

Sure is. I really want a tractor. Wife even said it’s your money, do whatever you want but I’m not buying anything with the way things are right now. Then again if the whole economy crashes I’ll have plenty of free time to dig holes but no tractor to dig with.

My good sir with the way the economy is right now I think I will be burning my money for heating fuel soon. We are in a bad way right now and it is somehow being skimmed over with a stable stock market and strong housing. We are however in a state of inflation in my opinion, but you cannot call it that because then they might have to raise interest rates and that would cause a massive wave of insolvency.

Frankly, I am more scared now for the future than I ever have been and ever hope to be again. Frankly I hope I am wrong, but I feel as though I am not. This is worse than when I was 4 and worried about nuclear war and the boogie man.

I haven't really been able to work for a couple years. But sitting my driveway, is my 1994 Ford Econoline, 230,000. Still loaded with all my tools, and supplies. I use it mostly to pull my trailer with my riding mower on it to cut grass on a couple of properties my daughter owns. I keep thinking about going back to work.

The really shite part about it all is that wages have been stagnant since the mid 70's when you get down to brass tacks, but I know the cost of living keeps on trucking. The buying power of a dollar is so greatly diminished that I suppose it really might be time to start working for peanuts. Least I can eat those.
Hell, I drive a van worth more than my family home that i spent 20 years in..... someone wanna make some sense of that to me?
That hits close to home. My grandfather installed flooring and my godfather who lived across the street was a longshoreman.
kind of makes me want to go back in time and rethink my career choice. 😁
I bought a Ford van that I thought needed a transmission seal. Discovered it also has a cracked block but it needs a new front pump or a new transmission. I was told if I replace the front pump it needs a new torque converter. That van has been sitting gathering moss for the past year or more. My rusty Chevy work van was retired by the state police because it has a crack in the front windshield. Thrust on the window makes it so that I cannot replace the window so that one's just sitting too. I think it has less than 264,000 miles on it. my S10 has 262,000 mi not yet still runs like a top but looks like crap. Work has been slow for me for many years. Most of my work is repair work.
The last October, I turned 63. About that time work picked up for me. I only put in 5 hour days and some of the jobs are larger than I'd like to have. So at a time when work is plentiful, I just can't keep up the pace.
I haven't checked my Powerball ticket yet tonight. Maybe that'll fix everything.
.... I'm guessing not. 😁

I haven't really been able to work for a couple years. But sitting my driveway, is my 1994 Ford Econoline, 230,000. Still loaded with all my tools, and supplies. I use it mostly to pull my trailer with my riding mower on it to cut grass on a couple of properties my daughter owns. I keep thinking about going back to work.
Been working the last couple of days at a local theater that's a restoration in progress. It was built in 1924. They remove all the old seating, pulled out all the bolts, filled the holes, epoxied the floor then installed new seats. The seats have lighting under the armrest on the aisle side.
Carpeting is going down the aisles as close to the seating as possible. Wires run down the floor on each side of the aisle that connect to the front of each seat legs. when I get done the wires will be concealed underneath the carpets vinyl reducer trim. wires will the exit from the trim and to the base of each row of seats. Long story short I need to put down the vinyl reducer on both sides then glue the carpet in and tuck it into the vinyl reducer. The carpet is a stick loop Milliken carpet and the temperature in the building is not all that hot. I'll take a few pictures tomorrow. With 3 days measuring and deliberating it looks like nothing has been accomplished. If we get the vinyl trim glued down tomorrow we can finally start the carpet which we've already pre-cut to its approximate sizes. My brain has been spinning on this one. It's not a job I wanted to do.

It's a nightmare because of the offsets being different from each seating section.

Latest posts

Back