How to get stains out of cracks in wooden floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ro dowling

Help pleasee... I spilt toilet cleaner on my wooden floor and it won't come out of the cracks... What could I use? Thank you!

Is it a stain from a liquid cleaner you’re trying to get rid of or just some spilled powder cleaner you can’t get out from the cracks? Powder could be sucked out with a vacuum and maybe a tooth pick to help poke and scrape it out. Stains from a liquid cleaner I got no idea on. Any pics?

Is it a stain from a liquid cleaner you’re trying to get rid of or just some spilled powder cleaner you can’t get out from the cracks? Powder could be sucked out with a vacuum and maybe a tooth pick to help poke and scrape it out. Stains from a liquid cleaner I got no idea on. Any pics?
Thanks for your message. It's liquid... :( I've attached a picture...

Attachments

• IMG_20210820_134313.jpg
    IMG_20210820_134313.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 83
That’s gonna be a tricky one. Don’t know if it will work but I would try a wet/ dry vac (shop vac) to help suck out any goop currently in the cracks. Then try flooding/ rinsing the cracks with distilled water to rinse out any goop and suck them dry with the shop vac. That should at least get rid of any remaining goop but won’t help with the staining. You may have to Macguyver a little. Maybe try some local wood bleaching to turn the stained wood back to a somewhat normal color? I haven’t bleached wood so don’t ask me what or how to do it but I do think about stuff and that’s what I think I would do if I absolutely had to try to get the stains out. Problem is it might just be a waste of time when it’s all said n done. Reality is I like floors with character and that’s character so I realistically wouldn’t do a thing other than clean it up and sign my name next to it.

@bigbrohardwood20 just posted on here recently advertising for hardwood refinishing. Maybe he has some helpful pointers for you.

Latest posts

Back