How to make my laminate floor matt again?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacek

I have Quick Step Majestic (laminate), and after a year of using it, floor looks like on picture below (piece in the middle represents how it should look like).
I was cleaning it with worm water only. I thought it's grease or something similar, so I cleaned it with water with a bit of soap and this didn't help.
Official product from Quick Step also was not helpful. I also tried (on some small part of the flor) some weak dissolvent like denatured alcohol, extraction gasoline or other cleaners, with out any effect.
What could cause this effect on the floor and how to fix it?
1613211757299.jpg

Looks to me like mopping, sweeping and walking on it seem to polish the surface. I don't know if there's anything you can do about it.
If the floor is holding up okay and there's no problem with the joints, I'm guessing you're just going to have to live with it.

Might try using some coarse steel wool in and out of the way place and see if that takes the shine off. When done put a magnet inside a plastic bag and pick up the shavings of steel. Then all you have do is take the magnet out of the bag over a trash recepticle to get rid of the shavings.

Latest posts

Back