How to mouseproof a computer chassis?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one I met in person was Tandy Reeves. He died not long after. Could tell he was sick when I met him.
Tandy sent me two data loggers so I could test humidity under and inside a house that had a laminate floor issue. The lady covered all of the exterior foundation vents in the winter, with plastic to conserve heat. :eek:
When I told him I was sending them back, he said, keep em. I said: "give them to Chris" He said he had already given some to Chris and added, "you'll find other uses for them" And I have. What a cool gift. RIP Tandy.
A year or so ago, Nick was having humidity trouble acclimating some wood flooring. I didn't need both data loggers, and since Nick needed to borrow one, I told him to keep it. I rarely need to use one of these, so it was nice to pass one of these to our generous friend.
The generosity from members of these forums in knowledge and other ways is just way cool.

Sounds like Tandy was very cool. I'm sorry I never "met" him. There are a lot of cool people around here still. I've been on other forums where the people are nasty to one another & to newcomers, but I haven't seen any of that here. People might get a little hot over politics at times, but it's never gotten as ugly as I've seen other places.

On the computer front, everything but the chassis came in so far. Once we get the chassis, I'll pop over to see my friend & get him to put it together, transfer data, etc. Mom will be able to stream all the dr pimplepopper vids she wants. LOL. Reminds me, we're out of mayo...

I had the opportunity to meet Tandy. He was a great guy and loved the industry. A bunch of us got together in a group called "Building Bridges" to kind of and try to get installers and inspectors together and not hate one another. Each side more or less presented our cases. What a great time we had and the prople we got to meet, AWESOME !!. Tandy also loved fishing. Roland was also there, as was Dan.

Got all the parts but then discovered the mice chewed a hole in the liquid cooling so it can't be re-used. The processor came with a Wraith cooler which seems adequate. With the arctic gel stuff on the processor it should help as well.
The DVD drive was also ruined so that needs to be replaced. I think at this point the power supply & hard drive were the only things salvaged. Need to get programs installed & set up though. Hopefully it will run smoothly & she'll be able to play the games she likes. Wish I could get her into Elder Scrolls Online but I think she wouldn't like the combat system. Trying to find another game with really good graphics that is easy to play. Something where she can gather & craft stuff & be a vendor. She did that in Star Wars: Galaxies.

Got the new DVD drive, took it to friend's house, he popped it in, went to take the software CD out of the box & it was broken in half. LOL. Fortunately, he was able to download the software & drivers from the internet. Last I heard from him, he was updating & reinstalling some software on the computer. Hopefully we can bring it home soon.

Tandy sent me two data loggers so I could test humidity under and inside a house that had a laminate floor issue. The lady covered all of the exterior foundation vents in the winter, with plastic to conserve heat. :eek:
When I told him I was sending them back, he said, keep em. I said: "give them to Chris" He said he had already given some to Chris and added, "you'll find other uses for them" And I have. What a cool gift. RIP Tandy.
A year or so ago, Nick was having humidity trouble acclimating some wood flooring. I didn't need both data loggers, and since Nick needed to borrow one, I told him to keep it. I rarely need to use one of these, so it was nice to pass one of these to our generous friend.
The generosity from members of these forums in knowledge and other ways is just way cool.
When I met Tandy, he showed with a whole box of stuff, tools, seam tape, etc. Did not get to talk long. He was headed to the doctor. I think he already knew he was sick.

Latest posts

Back