How would you stretch this ?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
These guys stretch carpet a little different than me. I stretch across the side of the room that has the doorway, then I make the seam and finish stretching. Keeps the carpet in the door from moving sideways.

You can get diferent colours and designs of them too.
got any pictures of the doorway metals.

You can see some more of my work here if youd like to see some over the pond stuff 😃
Stanley Flooring (@stanleyflooring) • Instagram photos and videos
Nice ! With that video, I thought I was looking at a younger version of myself 😁

Ben, do you power stretch? If not, START NOW ! My 62 year old hips, and low back wish I would have much earlier. ✌️

I’m going to start calling our pad ‘Cumulus ‘ 😜

Attachments

• A25A7922-EEAC-4664-88B0-5FD2ADF39575.jpeg
    A25A7922-EEAC-4664-88B0-5FD2ADF39575.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
These guys stretch carpet a little different than me. I stretch across the side of the room that has the doorway, then I make the seam and finish stretching. Keeps the carpet in the door from moving sideways.
Keeps the doorway from wrinkling in the center years down the road too. Seen a lot of those.

I was looking until instagram wanted me to join. But anyway Everything looks great to me what I saw except one thing is kind of a burr in my side. And that is the straight steps are water falled but the rounded steps are cap and band. Why weren't the rounded steps waterfalled like the rest?
We call them winders, theyre all waterfalled? Only the bottom step is capped and band and thats because its either that or sewing it and new build homes wont pay for sewing 😄

got any pictures of the doorway metals.

Nice ! With that video, I thought I was looking at a younger version of myself 😁

Ben, do you power stretch? If not, START NOW ! My 62 year old hips, and low back wish I would have much earlier. ✌️

I’m going to start calling our pad ‘Cumulus ‘ 😜
Yeah i have 2 power stretchers, our standards are a bit diferent to the usa, we only need to use them over 5meters or 16ft3. However i use them most of the time regardless of size except on a couple of carpets types we do that i prefer to kick.

The metals are similar to this (cant find a proper photo) but they also come in blue pink etc
We call them winders, theyre all waterfalled? Only the bottom step is capped and band and thats because its either that or sewing it and new build homes wont pay for sewing 😄

1664086896151.png

I was looking until instagram wanted me to join. But anyway Everything looks great to me what I saw except one thing is kind of a burr in my side. And that is the straight steps are water falled but the rounded steps are cap and band. Why weren't the rounded steps waterfalled like the rest?
I guess you dont mean the winders or pie steps as some call them?

The bottom step or on this occasion the bottom 2 are what we call a bullnose, and thats generally how they're finished unless requested and paid for to do it diferently. 20220818_142504.jpg20220818_142513.jpg

Those look very nice.
That metal you showed looks pretty thick. Do you hammer down the metal? I'm guessing no?
No our metals are exposed, they have little spikes in them that hold the carpet in. Depending on what you pay you can get cheap flimsy ones or more solid strong ones

Latest posts

Back