I relived a good memory today

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember going to La Jolla with my mom and one of my aunts when we were on home leave. I seem to remember some seals at a beach and getting a shot glass that said Coronado or something like that. It was a very long time ago.

Havasu, hopefully things will last in your current house.

La Jolla is really a beautiful area. Way out of my reach as well.

I began with buying my first house at the age of 18, in 1973, a VA repossessed home, in Hacienda Heights for $21,950. Got divorced 3 years later. Sold the home in 1977 for $43k, gave her $20k, kept $20k and I bought another home in Azusa. I paid $49,900. Got married 3 years later. Sold that house for $98k, moved to La Verne and paid $126,400. 25 years later I divorced and walked away from that home, which she sold for $890K. I moved into my new G/F's house, and 3 years later we bought this house in Upland together for $550k. I've always joked that when I see a pretty woman, I'll just bypass the grief and give them a new house.
Boy, those are some interesting stories. I can tell you this much. I got very lucky with my lady. When things got tough we stayed together for the kid's sake not because we were so strongly in love. Somehow as time passed all the old wounds healed.

Whenever we'd fight and she threatened to take the house and kids I'd laugh and tell her this is MY house and I'm gonna die of old age right there in THAT same bed. I'm not going anywhere's so go head and do what you have to do. Like I said, when things settled down we HAD to work it out for the sake of the boys. Pure luck.

I help run a sale site on Facebook. A table and chair set that I designed and built about 20 years ago popped up for sale on there. The child's table looked like a ladybug and the 3 legged stools looked like daisies. Only one of them I ever made. Sold it at least 50-60 miles from here.
317609140_5596675397120197_8525153609799876049_n.jpg

Last edited:
My son's grandfather had a 3 house compound on 99 year leased land, overlooking the water at Colonet. Most beautiful place on earth. One day the property owner said, "get out, it's all mine!"
After a $300,000, 3 year court battle, he lost it all. He brought up a bulldozer and plowed everything level then told Guerremo, "audios!"
He bought 300 yards Inland, and was building another home, but had a heart attack and died at the Colonet Medical office. My son was given the property, but won't go down there because of safety concerns.

I didn't move out here for work/career/money/politics. We came here because after we visited, drove down the coastline from Frisco to Baja California Norte we absolutely loved what we saw.

There's a LOT more to life than $$$$$$$$$

https://www.google.com/search?q=Baj...xA1UQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1242&bih=577&dpr=1.05
I have a fear of living more than 8 miles from where I was born. I'm talking 5 locations. 😁
....and I'm 65.
...whale watching is from now till past new years. The whales pass by every year like clockwork as they migrate from Baja to Alaska .
If the rain lets up in the next couple weeks, we might take a driveover to the coast.
It's 15 minutes away from my house. 😁

I have a fear of living more than 8 miles from where I was born. I'm talking 5 locations. 😁
....and I'm 65.
...whale watching is from now till past new years. The whales pass by every year like clockwork as they migrate from Baja to Alaska .
If the rain lets up in the next couple weeks, we might take a driveover to the coast.
It's 15 minutes away from my house. 😁
We moved around when I was a kid. So did my wife's family. Our extended families are spread all over the world so sometimes we HAVE to travel. It's stupid expensive on a teacher and floorlayer's income but I cant say I've ever been anywheres I regret visiting--------and actually could imagine myself living there were we not so deeply invested in where we're at.

Better question is, does he remember me. 😁
If he does then I'm having a lapse of memory because I can't think of anybody I know that lives in Eugene, nor anybody named Jerry except for my next door neighbor.

It truly would but stranger things have happened and will continue to happen.
The only Jerry I can think of lives in West Virginia. I'm sure you know of him too. 🤯
😁

Latest posts

Back