If can is cold, don't heat on stove top

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Customer had spray paint in garage that was cold and wouldn't spray, so he set two cans on the stove to warm them. He asked if I had ever warmed up cans of paint, I said yes. (I floated em in hot water in a pail)
I don't know if he used water in a pan on the stove and it ran dry because he forgot about them, or if he just set the cans on the burner.
Thankfully, he was in the garage when the bombs went off. He had the hallway door to the garage open........ The large metal garage roll door was closed. Right now, from the outside it looked like a car tried to back out with the door shut. :eek:
Inside, he lost 1 window from the sliding glass door and 30 feet away in the dining room, a 5X5 window blew out. In the living room, the ceiling heaved upwards enough that a 12 inch seam in the sheetrock dropped about 1/2 inch. I have no idea what structural damage might have occurred with the ceiling joists above the sheetrock.
Yipes, I never knew you could unleash that much power from a spray paint can... (two cans) :eek:

Last edited:
Don't tell ISIS about this amazing weaponry!

No kidding......... 4 burners would easily do 16 cans.
Makes me want to get a really long extension cord, an old but still working stove and a free travel trailer..........and some paint.
:birthday:

Latest posts

Back