Insanity

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, a woman in Texas got drunk and was riding around a Texas Walmart parking lot on a riding cart while drinking wine from a Pringles can starting at 6:30am. Cops were called but she was gone when the police arrived-- she was in a restaurant when they caught up with her and informed her she was banned from Walmart. What a bunch of killjoys.
https://guacamoley.com/lol/2019/01/...C&tse_id=INF_1f53a3c0176d11e9b433ab68d22425b2

Paper straws, whatever happen to them? Cheaper to make, use less resources to make, and dont last a thousand years floating around in a Pond.

I mean, no one saves straws as souvenirs so why have them to last that long.

Paper straws, whatever happen to them? Cheaper to make, use less resources to make, and dont last a thousand years floating around in a Pond.

I mean, no one saves straws as souvenirs so why have them to last that long.
Yeah... no one saves straws.... *hides straw collection*
LOL. I'm a bit of a hoarder. I collect plastic forks, spoons, sporks, knives, and clean straws. I also keep twist ties in a drawer.

Can't insert a paper straw into a real milkshake, So we at least need plastic straws for milkshakes.:D
How do they all get in the ocean. I never put one there, and don't ever recall seeing on on the beach even with all my photo excursions.

I think a lot of people just throw their trash/drinks/straws on the ground and they get washed away in rivers, picked up by birds, carried away by floods, etc and make their way to the ocean. The amount of plastic in the ocean is disturbing. I wonder how much garbage is at or near the bottom of the Marianas trench. Guam Dept of Sanitation was just straight up taking all of Guam's trash and dumping it over the trench instead of finding proper disposal methods.

I do wish it was easier to recycle plastic (maybe it is in big cities and places like California, but recycling is practically non-existent in Louisiana). People still burn trash in their yards if they can't fit it in their trash cans or don't get trash pickup.

I like plastic straws partially bc of the ritual of blowing the paper from them at my mother. We both aim our straws at each other and see if we can nail each other with the paper. Most of the time one of us will have a dud that won't fly off so the other person picks up the paper after it flew and put it on the straw to blow back. I once landed the straw paper dead center of a nearby table full of Japanese tourists. Fortunately, they found it funny.

A few years back some Dr's were throwing medical waste in the ocean because of the cost to get rid of it by the books ..

Also the ships that leave the Phila docks dump trash off the fan tail as they head for the ocean ..

Can't insert a paper straw into a real milkshake, So we at least need plastic straws for milkshakes.:D
How do they all get in the ocean. I never put one there, and don't ever recall seeing on on the beach even with all my photo excursions.
Most of the ocean trash comes from China and India.

They had some program about products sold in dollar stores and which ones to avoid. They said don't buy toothpaste, deodorant, pet food, pet treats, makeup, or cologne/perfume. Some of the products tested (like toothpaste, makeup & deodorant) contained mercury & other stuff that isn't really safe. The pet treats & food contained some toxic substitute for meat that tricked sensors in to thinking there was protein, and the cologne/perfume contained human urine.

Don't airplanes jettison their septic waste from the skies? Or have they stopped doing that? I remember something about a sweet sixteen party getting rained on by the sewage from an airplane. Pretty sh**y way to end a birthday party. Some of the people got pink-eye from the waste.

Pretty sure the dumping isn't legal, but people do it anyway.

When my father was growing up, he lived not-too-far from a factory that made cologne. They dumped their waste straight into the river. He'd go swimming and come out smelling like a very strong mixture of various colognes.

On the upside, they have found certain types of seaweed that they can plant that helps to gather up & even break down some of the garbage that gets thrown in the ocean. They have large stretches of it in some places. Still isn't doing much about the plastic that birds eat on land. They found a bunch of seagull corpses on a beach and they were absolutely filled with plastic garbage in their guts.

Latest posts

Back