Insanity

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm OK with them calling the films 007 or something if that is the role the character plays. Now, if they wanted to keep the Bond name, they could have had her be his daughter or something & it would have made sense for her to carry on the family name.

Highup, the tearing down of statues & erasing of the "bad" things reminds me of when archaologists find deliberately destroyed statues and hieroglyphs that have been carved away to erase that history. It makes me sad because it would be nice to know what is missing-- but seeing how people are reacting today also helps to understand the feelings behind why they destroyed it back then. It's still a shame though. Rather than destroy things they could put up plaques stating their objections to things or explaining why that person is no longer considered so great in today's times. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than demolishing statues & destroying artwork in an attempt to sanitize history.

As for the Girl Scouts & Boy Scouts thing-- I speak from experience that Girl Scouts sucks & as a kid I wanted to be in Boy Scouts just bc they did things that were more inline with my interests. Girl Scouts would put colored sand & rocks in jars or dumb crap. Boy Scouts would go hiking & do cool stuff. But maybe that has changed, I dunno. I wish there was a version that didn't have rigid gender roles where girls & boys could be taught the same things & not shamed for it being "girly" or something that is "only for boys".

Damn. I get the guy was scared bc a dog ran at him barking, but no reason to open fire so carelessly. Cops need better training than that.

........maybe keep an aggressive uncontrollable dog on a leash or behind a fence?
....and teach a cop how to aim. I was taught in gun class at an early age, to know where your bullet is going to land.

Last edited:
Can't cover every single shooting in America. And how do you know for certain, watch 24/7?

LOL! No idea what kind of dog it was. I also don't know who owned the dog. Not sure if it belonged to the woman the cop shot. But I agree, he should have had better aim. I once saw footage of a cop who shot another cop in the back/shoulder accidentally & didn't even realize he was the one who shot her. Hair trigger gun, but he shouldn't have had his finger on the trigger while walking behind her like that. He was scared bc there was a dog in the area.

I haven't read the story about the dog the cop was trying to shoot and hit the woman instead, I'm thinking to myself if a dog is chasing me I would be running which would make my arm move so my aim is not going to be very good. Second scenario: If the dog is running at me and I'm trying to hit a moving target with a pistol again my aim is going to be off. Pistol is only accurate for what 20-30 feet. Plus it is a hurried up shot. This isn't a western movie where the good guy hits everytime even from horse back. Just saying. I'll stick up for the cop.

I haven't read the story about the dog the cop was trying to shoot and hit the woman instead, I'm thinking to myself if a dog is chasing me I would be running which would make my arm move so my aim is not going to be very good. Second scenario: If the dog is running at me and I'm trying to hit a moving target with a pistol again my aim is going to be off. Pistol is only accurate for what 20-30 feet. Plus it is a hurried up shot. This isn't a western movie where the good guy hits everytime even from horse back. Just saying. I'll stick up for the cop.
Me too unless there's a video showing incompetence.
We were not there, so we know pretty much nothing but the headline. Same as 99.99% of the news stories.
The news shows only what they want us to know. (or think)

Last edited:
Back regarding the dog, the cop could have had perfect aim. If you hit the dog on top of the skull just right, it will deflect and continue into another object. More cops are injured and forced to retire medically due to stray dogs than everything except car accidents. We had to shoot dogs at my police department on a monthly basis, mostly dogs set to protect the drug houses and would be taken out by specific swat members to ensure we could gain entry, arrest the suspects before they reached their guns, causing a massive shootout.

They also discontinued billy clubs 20+ years ago. Many departments now carry collapsible batons {ASPS}, but often you can't get to it in time.

When my father was in the Border Patrol they had a sap (weighted bag). He told me that once when he was new to the BP he & his partner found some kids who had crossed the border just for fun & were hanging out. They talked to the kids to make sure they were OK & that they could get home safely. The kids were interested in the sap & asked about it. So he let the kid hold it to feel how much it weighed-- but the kid then turned and bopped his friend on the head as a joke but it knocked the kid out. They were all pretty horrified but made sure the other kid woke up & was ok. Gave them some sodas & chips & sent them back home.

These days there would be a lawsuit. The ACLU and the Dems would be leading the charge. I mean, letting kids play with weapons?

Last edited:
When I grew up I had a BB gun at 7 yrs old, a .22 at 11 years old, a .410/.22 at 12 and then my ruger 10/22.
Dad was a Democrat italian from south philly.
He didnt like guns but was a redneck, country luvin fucking italian badass.
Back then it didn't make a damn bit of difference if you were republican or democrat as far as gun ownership was concerned.
But then no one owned AR type guns. Closest thing was a Remington semi auto 3 shot hunting rifle used exclusively for hunting.
It should be that way now.
I have no problem with background checks.
Just too many crazy mo fos out there who think .gov is going to take away your guns.
During the last ban on AR/Ak no one got their guns taken away by .gov.
Its just not safe for the street cop or citizens anymore.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back