Install questions for coastal installation of 7" to 9" oak floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkravito

Hi guys,
I have an upcoming project where we will be installing live/flat sawn white oak flooring that is 7" to 9" wide and would like some advice. This floor is being installed in a new construction home on the Connecticut shore. The home is super air tight and humidity is well controlled in the winter but the windows and doors will likely be open often during the warmer seasons so I'm concerned about humidity fluctuations and installation procedures for this project. We were planning to prep and clean the Advantech plywood subfloor really well before applying Sikabond T55 poly elastic adhesive for a full glue down flooring installation to allow a bit of movement and minimize moisture fluctuations from below the flooring. We are planning to tongue nail as well. Any thoughts on other install methods, tips, or tricks you think I should consider? This is a character grade white oak floor so the owner wants a natural tone finish. Any new finishes you are happy with or should I stick with tried and true products we have used in the past? Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back