Installers You Have Trained.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeePelletier said:
People I have trained generally are good installers, but that's mainly because I'm training them from the ground up.

LeePelletier said:
I'm usually training someone who already installs...

Am I the only one who thinks those two statements are contradictory?

No. I think you are right.

:eek: Well, there's what I was thinking, and there's what I meant. Rather than edit my original post, I left it so everyone can see the flow.

In general, I am not training installers from the ground up. I was thinking in terms of training them for oriental runners. In that one regard, I usually have to train people from the ground up. But I'm not teaching people what tack strip is, for the most part.

I hope that clarifies what I meant.

Don't you hate working with helpers/installers that someone else has trained? Doesn't seem like they ever have learned the right way to do things, just the fastest way.

Funny! My husband's last helper thought he knew everything, moved to Virginia with a gal he met on internet and hooked a job there which lasted 2 days. We figure they realized he had sent pics of the work of 35 year pros and claiming as his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Flooring Forum

Latest posts

Back