Installing hardwood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better copy that to the hard drive before the NWFA finds out they have it posted online. ha ha

I copied all that stuff before the NWFA bought it out because I knew they would want to charge people for information. It's pertinent info that can help people...installers, retailers and even...well especially inspectors.:D It aint right to hold info like that hostage for money.

It all used to be free!

And when manufacturers in their installation requirements say "refer to NWFA or NOFMA standards" that really pisses me off. This is the information highway dammit. You cannot hoard information like that. Besides, if your smart you can find anything online. See...even Floorist found it. ;)

Now thats one of my pet peeves, hoarding information. Inspector are the worst about it. But little do they know they look like the fool trying to play that card.

My good friend David Kearn over at floorbiz.com and I agree that there's no such thing as secret information about floorcovering out there unless it is some formula for making a product. Even then it's not secret for long. But there's still those kinda people who want to take info hostage. Must be some kinda greed thing or just plain stupidness.

I'm a inspector and i have given installers info to keep there arse out of trouble in the past if they were receptive . Installation guidelines should be free , how else would you know what they were ?

Inspectors guidelines are another thing .

Latest posts

Back