Installing vinyl plank click lock flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Well, with all of your recommendations, I am installing the vinyl plank flooring at my vacation home. I thought I'd test it on my little front porch, since you can use a hose and wash off the dirt. Here is a pic...

havasu porch 110213.jpg

Last edited:
Not even a poly? Must be engineered different than allure. Nevertheless it looks great.

I ripped the old toilet and carpeting in the master bath (I know, yuck) and installed this vinyl in there. I them ran shoe moulding around the perimeter, installed a handicap height toilet, and tucked the carpeting using the "z" channel. It really turned out great, or should I say at least I am satisfied with it.

get-attachment (1).jpg

get-attachment (2).jpg

get-attachment (3).jpg

get-attachment (4).jpg

I wanted to get a VCT cutter, but didn't want to spend the ~$55 for one. Yeah, I scored and snapped quite a few, until my hands were sore and bloody. I also didn't like when the knife skipped off the vinyl and headed towards me.

i have the bullet tools flooring shear for laminate, it works great on vinyl plank too but that was around $600, lol

Paper cutter on steroids. Thats where the idea for the vct cutter came from, then bullet just made it bigger and stronger. I'd never pay 600 ducats for a paper cutter. Course there are LARGE commercial paper cutters you could probably buy cheaper. :D

I'll buy anything with a electro-mechanical blade that does the cutting for me first before using my manpower to cut boards with, vct not included.

Latest posts

Back