Introduction + question

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seeeker

Hello, new member and first time post.
I am prepping and laying 10mm Pergo laminate flooring on three adjacent rooms, all same flooring. My question is, moving from one room to another, should the planks run continuously, or seamlessly, through the doorway? Or should there be a stop and a divider, or connecting spacer in the doorway? The previous flooring was cheap thin stuff, with dividers in the doorway. But something tells me having the planks flow seamlessly through the door way is the better aesthetic option?
Please see the attached photo, this should illustrate my question more clearly.
Thank you for any guidance.

Attachments

• floor01.jpg
    floor01.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 46
Welcome to the forum. From a non-expert point of view, I would go for no stop and no divider. Update me/us on your final choice?:)

Ok thanks this was my hunch, to avoid the transition strips unless they are obviously necessary. Will leave enough expansion. Thanks very much.

Necessary is a subjective term. Some products will call for expansion strips in order to maintain the manufacturers warranty. Pergo does have a limit on how far you can go before you need them. 50’? That doesn’t mean your product will fail, it just means if you want to file a claim for a manufacturers defect, they’re gonna shoot you down. I’ve installed plenty of Pergo, you’ll be just fine.

Latest posts

Back