Is this a good deal for who?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
My mobile telephone company sent me this email

Hi Jon,

The price is going to be exactly the same, but the plan is going to be slightly different.
Currently you are getting 1.25GB data, 300minutes of calling.
The rollover plan will have 1GB data+1GB bonus data for 12months, 300minutes of calling.
But each month what you have used up gets rolledover to the new month. (there will be a limit of how much you can rollover each month)

Kind Regards

I do not use much data as I wait to get home so I reckon I would be worse off if I go with this
I think that they missed the word NOT used up
I have never had rollover before
What do you reckon?

Last edited:
You're still only getting 300minutes of calling .. After a year you will loose 25GB of data .. Do you text a lot ?

I have not seen any fine print as I only got this email. I figured kinda strange as the 1.25GB data I get now would drop
Only once in the past I have had to pay extra as I left the phone with mobile data turned on and it updated all the apps. Now I wait to when I get home to use the Wifi. I also only use the phone maybe a couple of times a day. I would only message once or twice a year as I would rather ring and that way I get an answer now without wondering if the other person has got the message
My bill for the mobile is only about US$ 25 a month is it is no big deal
I am old and do not understand these rollover, GB datas etc

Verizon is my carrier. Right now I receive 2 GB of data a month. If I use up my data for the month, then I simply pay $10 for an additional GB.

They called me recently trying to convince me to move to a 2 GB "rollover" plan, but you can only use a certain percentage of overage each month. Where it got sticky was that no longer can I just buy an additional GB for $10, and by moving over to the new plan allows Verizon to throttle down my usage, and when I hit 2 GB, my data gets shut off completely until the next month. Once you change over, you will never be allowed to go back to this "add a GB" plan, which is the fine print.

Years ago, I received a government discount of 20% for law enforcement who needs to use their phone on duty, as is required by my department. They called saying they had a wonderful new plan, which would save me money every month, so I agreed to accept it. I saw my plan actually increased in price so I requested to return to my old plan, and was then told, "we no longer offer this plan", and found it was a way to eliminate this 20% plan.

I don't know who your carrier is, but Verizon is known for duping people into new plans, which are not good plans, and actually saves them money and "to hell with the customer."

Verizon is my carrier. Right now I receive 2 GB of data a month. If I use up my data for the month, then I simply pay $10 for an additional GB.

They called me recently trying to convince me to move to a 2 GB "rollover" plan, but you can only use a certain percentage of overage each month. Where it got sticky was that no longer can I just buy an additional GB for $10, and by moving over to the new plan allows Verizon to throttle down my usage, and when I hit 2 GB, my data gets shut off completely until the next month. Once you change over, you will never be allowed to go back to this "add a GB" plan, which is the fine print.

Years ago, I received a government discount of 20% for law enforcement who needs to use their phone on duty, as is required by my department. They called saying they had a wonderful new plan, which would save me money every month, so I agreed to accept it. I saw my plan actually increased in price so I requested to return to my old plan, and was then told, "we no longer offer this plan", and found it was a way to eliminate this 20% plan.

I don't know who your carrier is, but Verizon is known for duping people into new plans, which are not good plans, and actually saves them money and "to hell with the customer."

That makes sense hav the way you explain it
I always wonder when someone is offering me a "deal"
The bit I was concerned about was getting less Gbs a month
Its a bit like free carpet laying or the Inland Revenue saying we are here to help you Yeah Right? :)

Nick brought up a good point. I too had unlimited data, but was also duped into switching plans, because they sold me on the fact that it was completely unnecessary since I usually average only 2 GB's a month.

Before I had Directv at my vacation home, I used my phone as my source to stream two movies, after linking it to my TV via a HDMI to droid conversion cord. Darn two movies used 6 GB of data. Heck, I could have gone to the movies and had popcorn and a soda for cheaper.

It is only my mobile phone left with the telecom company as internet and house phone along with Sky is with another company so I am not using data for movies etc on my phone. I have not moved my mobile over as the other company can not get rid of the answer phone part of their mobile phones. I can not be bothered ringing people back if they have left a message. If they want me they can ring again or I can see their number on my phone and ring them when it suits me

Latest posts

Back