IVC flextech adhesive

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I skim coated a plywood bathroom floor with Webcrete 95 floor patch and the next day I fit and glued down the vinyl. I used a 3/8" roller and when the firt half the room was looking pretty well dry, I pushed my palm into the adhesive to check for transfer, a 1 1/2 inch patch of the adhesive lifted off the floor patch. They said nothing about allying a sealer over floor patch in the IVC "how to" PDF, but it sure looks like it needed some.
I guess maybe I should have either sealed the Webcrete skim coat or used acrylic admix instead of water to mix it.
I almost stopped the install and removed the adhesive.......... what a PITA that would have been. I opted to just roll on more glue where that small patch of skim coat lifted off. The stuff can be loose layed, si I know that even with less than ideal adhesion, the vinyl isn't going to lift, bubble or curl............ This just kind a pissed me off because this is the first time I followed instructions and did the "releasable" method which they strongly recommend. The bathroom is less than 8' by 8'.
I guess it's time to do some floor patch compatibility testing with their adhesive. :rolleyes:
Having fun on this job. Yesterday, I got the the upper and lower linen cabinet sections and the cabinet above the toilet mounted, so it's just two pieces of crown molding to install, then the baseboards and the two towel racks.
...............I'm a floor guy, and the cabinets set on the floor, so I guess cabinets are technically floor work, right?:D
You do cabinets Jon?

Last edited:
I always did a wet set with IVC Hi. I did a quick release once and tried to pull it up to remove a little bubble . It was no easy thing to do .

I bet the webcrete 95 instructions say to mix with additive when applying over wood. . :)

We always use Acrylic glue and throw the vinyl in wet
I have been tossing up how many tins of glue to buy as my laying days are getting very shaky with all this health and safety stuff going down here
Makes it too hard
Well I weakened the other day and bought 24 tins
By doing this I get $450 dollars worth of vouchers for Xmas
Tax free and also I get the Goods and Services tax of 15% back
Do not tell anybody :)
Looks like I am working for a fair while yet to use up the glue. Pushing 70 years old next Feb :eek:

004.jpg

Latest posts

Back